Percy Mayfield

Stereojack

I have some early Percy Mayfield stuff on LP and I really like it.

Not to change the subject, but has the Jimmy Scott Tangerine album ever been released, and if so, what is the title?

This is it. It was another Rhino Handmade that is most likely long out of print now. It is a beautiful album, one of Scott's best (IMO).

g86572t4lmw.jpg

On the subject of Percy Mayfield releases, no fan will want to be without the beautiful compilation of his best RCA material that was released last year. It may not quite reach the heights of the Specialty and Tangerine recordings, but it is still very very very good.

h29732jintm.jpg

Not to change the subject, but has the Jimmy Scott Tangerine album ever been released, and if so, what is the title?

This is it. It was another Rhino Handmade that is most likely long out of print now. It is a beautiful album, one of Scott's best (IMO).

g86572t4lmw.jpg

Already mentioned in post #24.

Sorry about that. I somehow missed your post.

On the other hand, this one is even good enough to double post about. :)

Don't know about that, I've never heard it.

I did listen to Jimmy Scott's earlier Savoy recordings, and his work is not really my cup of tea.

Edited by J.A.W.

g86572t4lmw.jpg

Already mentioned in post #24.

i found a used copy of the Rhino Handmade Falling in love for $7.99 !! about a year ago. Some of the Handmade stuff get's sold off to stores and if you creep around as much as i do you might stumble across a copy.

It's a beautiful record and sound's different from the Savoy's. I think Gerald Wilson did some of the arranging onthis record.