The Baseball Thread 2007

Tim McG

What the hell have you given us, Al???

Gagne has yet to have a single, solitary scoreless inning since he joined the team, and last night he transformed what would have been a thrilling comeback win (down 1-0 to Bedard with two outs in the eighth, a team with terrible hitting in "close and late" situations pushes across 5 runs) into a fucking disastrous loss.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Gagne is juicing.

No way in hell he could throw 72 saves without being on steroids. Then he blew out his arm because the tendons couldn't hold the muscle mass. 'Roid rage is his middle name, fer crissakes.

I think we need to call in the Grand Jury for a full-scale shame investigation....sure hope he has an angry ex-girlfriend or a hat size change. That'll seal the deal.

Oh, I know! Maybe we can get one of those pretend reporters from the yellow journalism king, Hearst Corporation, to trump up some almost true charges! Yeah...that'll convince 'em!

Asterisk, bay-bee.

Oh...no wait!

Gagne is white.

Damn.

What was I thinking?

Carry on.

No way, it's just the typical Dodger tradition of riding a pitcher into the ground. If you're a hot pitcher with the Blue, you're toast. It's the Lasorda legacy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gagne has yet to have a single, solitary scoreless inning since he joined the team, and last night he transformed what would have been a thrilling comeback win (down 1-0 to Bedard with two outs in the eighth, a team with terrible hitting in "close and late" situations pushes across 5 runs) into a fucking disastrous loss.

Gagne is juicing.

No way in hell he could throw 72 saves without being on steroids. Then he blew out his arm because the tendons couldn't hold the muscle mass. 'Roid rage is his middle name, fer crissakes.

I think we need to call in the Grand Jury for a full-scale shame investigation....sure hope he has an angry ex-girlfriend or a hat size change. That'll seal the deal.

Oh, I know! Maybe we can get one of those pretend reporters from the yellow journalism king, Hearst Corporation, to trump up some almost true charges! Yeah...that'll convince 'em!

Asterisk, bay-bee.

More from the dumbest fuck on the planet.

Did steroids help him throw the nasty hook or the 60 mph changeup, dumb ass?

Gagne is juicing.

Asterisk, bay-bee.

Oh...no wait!

Gagne is white.

Damn.

What was I thinking?

Carry on.

GoodSpeak, are you saying McGuire is black then???

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hof07/news/story?id=2725461

Gagne is juicing.

No way in hell he could throw 72 saves without being on steroids.

Dumbest f-ing thing you've ever written, and that is really saying something.

How can a STREAK be dependent on steroid use? :wacko:

Gagne is juicing.

Asterisk, bay-bee.

More from the dumbest fuck on the planet.

Did steroids help him throw the nasty hook or the 60 mph changeup, dumb ass?

Gee. I dunno, Dan.

Does strength help or hurt your control?

Hm.

Gagne is juicing.

Probably the same way you said steroids helped Bonds' HR streak the year he hit 73.

Can't have it both ways, big fella.

Gagne is juicing.

Asterisk, bay-bee.

Oh...no wait!

Gagne is white.

Damn.

What was I thinking?

Carry on.

Old news, Berigan.

McGuire and Sosa both got a free pass from the press and from the public.

Palmeiri, too.

You don't see them getting hounded by the snakes in the media.

Apples and oranges, my friend.

Gagne is juicing.

Asterisk, bay-bee.

Oh...no wait!

Gagne is white.

Damn.

What was I thinking?

Carry on.

Old news, Berigan.

McGuire and Sosa both got a free pass from the press and from the public.

Palmeiri, too.

You don't see them getting hounded by the snakes in the media.

Apples and oranges, my friend.

Yeah, that's why McGuire hit 580+ homers yet only got 25% of the HoF vote.

Dumb ass.

Gagne is juicing.

Probably the same way you said steroids helped Bonds' HR streak the year he hit 73.

Can't have it both ways, big fella.

Do you fucking understand the meaning of the word "streak"?

Hint: it doesn't meet "really good season".

It means doing the same thing, day after day, appearance after appearance, without fail.

Gagne converted 70-odd save opportunities in a row.

Bonds, the admitted steroid cheater, didn't hit home runs in 73 straight games.

And have you had a look at Gagne's physique? He's always been a pudgy guy, the complete opposite of a steroid guzzling workout fiend like your hero.

I swear every time you open your mouth you exceed by leaps and bounds the stupidity you spewed the last time.

Saw this in yesterday's SF Chronicle:

A-Rod Not Upset With Chipper's Comments

By TOM WITHERS, AP sports Writer

Friday, August 10, 2007

(08-10) 18:30 PDT CLEVELAND (AP) --

Alex Rodriguez understands that the more home runs he hits, the more he'll be scrutinized. Just as Chipper Jones said earlier this week. New York's third baseman, who recently became the youngest player in history to reach 500 career homers, anticipates that if he ever challenges Barry Bonds' record his numbers will also be questioned.

"In the era we live in, there's going to be comments," Rodriguez said before the opener of a three-game series with the Indians on Friday. "With great accomplishments come questions."

Earlier this week, Atlanta's Jones predicted Rodriguez will be the next player dealing with steroid suspicion, just as Bonds is enduring while passing Hank Aaron as the game's home run king.

Jones further said he didn't think Rodriguez was guilty of cheating, but he would face doubters because of baseball's ongoing steroid drama.

"He's going to have to answer the questions," Jones said. "And that goes for everybody that approaches the number. It's just so farfetched, the numbers that those guys are putting up. And a lot of it comes from the era that they're playing in."

Rodriguez, who hit his major league-leading 37th homer leading off the second, said he had no problem with Jones' comments.

"I'm friends with Chipper," he said. "I go back to high school days with him. He didn't say anything out of order. I don't have any issues with him or what he said. He included himself in the conversation."

Yankees manager Joe Torre didn't see anything wrong with the observations by Jones that were blown up by New York's tabloids.

"I read it and it was nothing like the headline," Torre said. "He said that anybody is going to come under scrutiny, get asked questions. And that is true."

Torre said that questions regarding steroid use are going to haunt the game.

"People are not going to trust us until we get over this," he said. "We all have to drop the gloves and work together. I think everybody in the game, players, owners, managers, umpires, want it baseball to be on the highest level. Well, we all have to work together to get it there."

Source: A-Rod and possible steroid allegations

Edited by GoodSpeak

If you can accuse one, you can accuse them all.

Can you see where all this foolishness is taking us, Dan?

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Go ahead, accuse away, jackass.

You see, there is a MOUNTAIN

of evidence that your hero used steroids.

On the other hand, the evidence on other players ranges from "totally lacking" to "a BALCO client like Bonds".

See how it works? You use your God-given intellect to evaluate the evidence presented.

Just like Bonds is "GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!"

Just like you are STUPID STUPID STUPID!"

Edited by Dan Gould

Anyone remember Lindsay Lohan's illiterate message when Robert Altman died?

Well, check out Alyssa Milano's MLB Blog and you'll realize that she really did listen and learn during those tutoring sessions, and not only that, she didn't date baseball players cuz she loves jocks. She loves baseball, too.

Brian Cashman has endured a lot of heat this year, most recently when he didn't compete for the services of Eric Gagne allowing him to go to the Red Sox. Well, if the Yanks finally do catch the Sox - we're now only 4 games back - I'll gladly credit Cashman for his decision not to go after this apparently over the hill pitcher. Is Francona now gonna trust Gagne in a close game the rest of the year?

Edited by MartyJazz

Oh shock of shocks.

Giants lose again. Zito disappoints yet again.

Is there no end to the mediocrity?

Gaaa! :blink:

Mediocrity?

Your league is mediocre.

Your team is .001 percentage points away from being WORST in the league.

Keep dreaming of the day you attain "mediocrity".

Crap! Gabbard left the game with stiffness in his forearm after only pitching 1-1/3 innings. :(

After watching Gagne blow two games in one weekend and watching him give up more runs in a handful of appearances for the Sox than he gave up all season for Texas, I say it serves you right. :excited: :excited: :excited: