Gigs in your town

Soul Stream

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell?! Why wouldn't they let you play it? That's fucked up!

The club used to be a blues club that had the B3 on stage at all times and was played almost daily. Now it's a "corporate" rock club where the B3 is only for "big shows" apparently, so it's tucked away and "off limits" now. Sadly, I learned to play on that B3 basically, now I can't even play it.

No gig this year. But, it was actually VERY nice to be home on amateur night this time.

Funny thing this time - on the way to the gig (about 30 highway miles) people were really driving nuts - tailgating, cutting off, really aggresive. On the way home everybody was very cool.

No gig this year.  But, it was actually VERY nice to be home on amateur night this time.

Funny thing this time - on the way to the gig (about 30 highway miles) people were really driving nuts - tailgating, cutting off, really aggresive. On the way home everybody was very cool.

That's because they were all in jail by that time. ;)

We have a wicked jazz spot in calgary called the Beatniq jazz club.

Some thursdays it is open mike, and I have sat in and played some tunes before.

Grant you, it wasn't a * true gig* there was no money involved.

However it was great experience, and I just loved getting up there and playing my music, I also enjoyed the croweds response to my music!.

If any of you guys are ever going to be in calgary i'd hit up the Beatniq for sure.