Zoogz Rift

dave9199

I wouldn't say I'm a Zappa or Beefheart fan since I don't own any of their albums though I have a couple cdrs of each, but Zoogz Rifts does sound like a further link in that chain. I discovered him when buying stuff off of the SST label in the mid-80's. I had a comp called Looser Than Clams, really funny shit & I also really liked the music. I also bought Idiots On A Miniture Golf Course but stopped at buying anymore but don't remember why. He actually has a myspace page with some mp3s on it for anyone interested. Does anyone on this board remember him?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=129889324

Edited by dave9199

I got this one on vinyl way back when, but I remember being pretty underwhelmed by it, and I say that as a longtime Zappa/Beefheart fan. Maybe I need to give it another spin, if I ever get my vinyl rig up and running again.

zoogisla.jpg

He used to post in the Zappa newsgroup regularly (from what I can recall of my occasional visits there), and had his own newsgroup as well (alt.fan.zoogz-rift, IIRC).