Coffee Ice Cream

Late

I don't tend to support Starbucks, but their coffee ice cream makes my synapses go :crazy: .

Al Cohn on Xanadu, coffee ice cream, the whiskey buzz slowly wearing down: sometimes life is good.

Is there a "better" coffee ice cream out there?

i dont know, but, damn. my starbucks is closed for the night. first thing in the morning!

There's an ice-cream parlour a few miles from me at Jervaulx, North Yorkshire called Brymor. They produce everything on site using cream from their small stock of Jersey cows and eggs from the free range chickens. Open everyday of the year except Christmas day too!

They do a mean espresso -- especially when combined with clotted cream or pecan, or both.

A ride there takes an hour and a half using the lovely lanes, a good snack and chat to the waitresses, then home....nice day out!

Jervaulx, North Yorkshire

I've never HEARD of Jervaulx and I used to live in Yorkshire. It sounds like it's somewhere in the Redcar area.

MG

No, it's in between Masham (Theakston's, Black Sheep breweries) and Leyburn ('gateway to Wensleydale' -- "smashing Grommitt...")

The farm is actually at High Jervaulx; Jervaulx Abbey is just down the hill.

My wife drinks coffee but hates coffee ice cream, (hates Starbucks, too) but I was eating coffee ice cream as a kid, long before I started drinking it. The Starbucks brand is the best I've had, though living in Florida, I should certainly check out the Publix label as well. Whoever they buy their stuff from, Publix has some good flavors of both ice cream and frozen yogurt. Be careful on the Starbucks brand, one of the low-fat or low-sugar varieties has a really dry, un-creamy like consistency. I think its the Splenda .

Hagen Daas actually makes a great coffee ice cream, but it's just that, nothing else within it such as chocolate chips, etc. Good with some fudge sauce (not a lot) on top though.

I like the Starbucks varieties (which around here you can only buy in grocery stores, not Starbucks stores, is it the same where y'all abide?) but. . . I have to eat it early in the day. If I have it in the evening (my usual ice cream consumption timeframe) I toss and turn!

Edited by jazzbo