John Mellencamp - Freedom's Road

felser

You are way too serious about this stuff.

Chuck, you have your stuff you get way too serious about, too! The name change thing is a fascinating story for anyone that doesn't know it.

Silly edit.

Yes, the uninformed are always fascinated.

You still haven't forgiven me for John Handy - Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival meaning more to me than Albert Ayler, so you're following me around from thread to thread to torture me! I can tell my grandkids that I was harrassed by a legendary jazz producer! :beee:

I didn't even remember that was you.

Do you think you are being stalked. If so, call for help. I was responding to the words, not the writer.

Now you're the one who's way too serious about this stuff! :D

You are way too serious about this stuff.

Chuck, you have your stuff you get way too serious about, too! The name change thing is a fascinating story for anyone that doesn't know it.

Silly edit.

Yes, the uninformed are always fascinated.

You still haven't forgiven me for John Handy - Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival meaning more to me than Albert Ayler, so you're following me around from thread to thread to torture me! I can tell my grandkids that I was harrassed by a legendary jazz producer! :beee:

I didn't even remember that was you.

Do you think you are being stalked. If so, call for help. I was responding to the words, not the writer.

Now you're the one who's way too serious about this stuff! :D

I'm starting a separate 'Chuck and Felser fuss at each other' thread so that we can return this thread to the discussion fo the new John Mellencamp album! :tup

We talkin' 'bout Johnny Cougar?

This message by an old guy who lived in Bloomington in the late '60s.

That would be the one. His name has been changed several times throughout his career. IIRC, it started out as John Cougar, then progressed to John Cougar Mellencamp, and now it's just John Mellencamp.

Kinda bizarre, but I've always dug the cat.

Maybe the next incarnation of his name will be a hip modern version: JMell

Actually, the initial change was forced on him by a record executive at the start of his career. On the radio the other day, I heard him say that the executive said that "Mellencamp" (his real name) sounded too weird and "German" (I kid you not) and if he didn't like Cougar he could always just go back to Indiana. Nice, huh? Now he's got his original name back, still putting out music, AND he's back in Indiana. Good for him.