Do you youtube??????

Well, I thought it would be interesting to put a few rare clips I have on VHS up on youtube(And hey, if dopes filming themselves driving their cars through 3 deep swamp water can figure it out, surely I can! :rolleyes: )Well, I guess I can't. I burned some clips on DVD and thought I just upload from a folder like I have with photos, but I couldn't. Couldn't even find a folder on the DVD, even though I could play the clips no problem.

I figured I would find a website or 2 would have a how to, but my usually wonderous googling skills have turned up nothing. So, won't someone help me, and no doubt others that would like to do this? And if you have done it, why not give a link so we can see your clips???? Thanks!

Well, I thought it would be interesting to put a few rare clips I have on VHS up on youtube(And hey, if dopes filming themselves driving their cars through 3 deep swamp water can figure it out, surely I can! :rolleyes: )Well, I guess I can't. I burned some clips on DVD and thought I just upload from a folder like I have with photos, but I couldn't. Couldn't even find a folder on the DVD, even though I could play the clips no problem.

Is this a video DVD (with a "Video_ts" folder) or a data DVD with movie files? Youtube accepts many compressed formats (DivX, MPEG2, Quicktime), but you can't directly upload video content from a DVD-Video

That about sums it up. You have to digitize the footage (there is really no easy way to grab video from a DVD other than hooking the analog outputs of the DVD player to an analog/digital converter hooked up to the computer) and then compress the video into a lower quality format like Divx, Quicktime, mpeg4, etc.

No, I don't youtube.

Max file size for DVD Video = 1GB -> it's possible that the video you'd like to share is spread over more than one VOB file ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vob ). Then there's youtube's 10-minute length limit, etc.

My advice: rip your DVD's content (assuming you're talking about Video-DVD) to hard-disk (programs: dvddecrypter, dvdshrink, ...), convert those VOBs to AVI (program: dvd2avi), edit the AVI(s) (set start/end, resize, append AVI, etc.; program: virtualdub) and save. Now convert to target format (mpeg4, flv?) with this converter: http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/index.htm.

According to youtube 320x240 would be best:

Uploading Your Videos to YouTube

Once you're happy with your final result, you'll need to save the video in a format that YouTube can accept in order to upload. Unless you're a professional video producer, we recommend that you save your videos as either QuickTime .MOV, Windows .AVI, or .MPG files— these are the most common formats and they work well within our system. We specifically recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 320x240 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/t/howto_makevideo

Enjoy.

P.S.: Most or all programs mentioned in this post are freeware. I assume you're using MS Windows.

Edited by rockefeller center

(there is really no easy way to grab video from a DVD other than hooking the analog outputs of the DVD player to an analog/digital converter hooked up to the computer)

The "rip dvd vobs to hard-disk and convert to avi" is easier and doesn't take as much time as capturing analog video (I use a capture card for VHS-sources).

Thanks for the info!!! Haven't had a chance to check into it much, but will tomorrow(today, whatever)

Then, look out world ! I have tons of kick ass clips of Yanni, John Tesh, even Najee doing tributes to Kenny G, Bay City Rollers, etc. You will be so glad to help this music be seen by more folk then ever before.

Edited by BERIGAN

sounds good - and while you're at it, don't forget to up-load that video file of great Republican speeches - Limbaugh against drugs, Gingrich on family values and the evils of divorce, and, best of all, the death-bed interview with Terry Schiavo.

Right after you upload Clinton's speech saying he did not have a Lewinsky performed on him by that woman, Monica , then Hillary's how to turn $1000 into $100,000 in 10 short months in the sexy Cattle futures market video. And please don't forget to add clips Billy McKinney, and his swell daughter Cynthia, explaining why Jews, that's J-E-W-S, are to blame for everything wrong in this world. Exalted Cyclops, Robert Byrd can then give tips on how best to recruit for the KKK.

Gosh Al, thanks again for bringing politics into a non political forum! Everyone really appreciates that. I hope you still have the free time to bash Scott Yanow :mellow:

Edited by BERIGAN