Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

I was just about to buy Oscar Peterson: Debut: The Clef Mercury Duo Recordings 1949-1951 and the Ella Fitzgerald: Twelve Nights in Hollywood boxed sets, when both of them, plus Billie Holiday's Master Takes of the Commodore and Decca Recordings, showed up on my porch yesterday, courtesy of Regina Joskow-Duncan, the wonderful publicist at Verve. An earlier email indicated that no promos were going out on these limited edition sets, but she made a few exceptions for a few lucky souls.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the Ray Charles Atlantic box count? :)

Too damn right it does!

I was listening to his "Trilogy" (ABC stuff) earlier, but posted it in the ordinary listening thread.

Now I'm back on

Cab Calloway - Volume 1: 1930-1934 - JSP

Hi-dee-hi folks, it's Minnie the Moocher's wedding day!

MG

95a5810ae7a06edd66379110.L.jpg

It's taken me a long, long time to get this, but I am enjoying it in spite of my general indifference to Evans, although it's fair to say this one is almost as much about La Faro as Evans.

Maybe it's hearing all of it one go in amazing sound quality has something to do with it as I had this one below and it didn't leave that much of an impression. The new liners on the Box Set are fairly shit, but no suprise there as it's Keepnews doing them.

Yeah, speaking of which I was skimming the notes to the On Green Dolphin Street CD today and they include his linears from the 1975 Peace Piece two-fer on one page, and his notes on the session from the Complete Riverside box on the other page...they're basically identical. Real illuminating ...

You lucky dog!! :crazy: :crazy:

I ordered all 3 and have to wait 2 more weeks!!!!

How's the packaging??

I was just about to buy Oscar Peterson: Debut: The Clef Mercury Duo Recordings 1949-1951 and the Ella Fitzgerald: Twelve Nights in Hollywood boxed sets, when both of them, plus Billie Holiday's Master Takes of the Commodore and Decca Recordings, showed up on my porch yesterday, courtesy of Regina Joskow-Duncan, the wonderful publicist at Verve. An earlier email indicated that no promos were going out on these limited edition sets, but she made a few exceptions for a few lucky souls.