FS: McCormack MPD Micro Phono Drive (phono preamp)

Jim Alfredson

I bought this back in 2000 or so from Vlad at North Country. At the time he said it was the best phono preamp you could buy for under $1500. I paid around $550. I don't know if it is still the best in that price range, but it is damn good. Super clean, detailed, perfect implementation of the RIAA curve and very simple. Plug it in the wall, plug in your turntable's RCA outputs, plug the outputs of the McCormack into your preamp and... Voila! Instant vinyl yumminess!

I don't have a picture because my wife has the digital camera at work today, but I can add one if anyone cares. It's in perfect condition.

I'll sell for $250 obo.

I bought this back in 2000 or so from Vlad at North Country. At the time he said it was the best phono preamp you could buy for under $1500. I paid around $550. I don't know if it is still the best in that price range, but it is damn good. Super clean, detailed, perfect implementation of the RIAA curve and very simple. Plug it in the wall, plug in your turntable's RCA outputs, plug the outputs of the McCormack into your preamp and... Voila! Instant vinyl yumminess!

I don't have a picture because my wife has the digital camera at work today, but I can add one if anyone cares. It's in perfect condition.

I'll sell for $250 obo.

still have that other pre amp?