Happy New Years!

catesta

Felice Anno Nuovo to all!

Cooked dinner at my place last night for my parents who are celebrating their 50th anniversary in January.

Tonight is a quiet celebration with my lady that consists of dinner out and then off to spend the night away from home courtesy of Marriott Reward points. That's quite the program, I only had to spend about $4,000 with them to get a free night. :rolleyes::w

The Prosecco, and Annisette will be flowing freely tonight, so drink up.

MRProsecco.jpg

Here's hope to a better year coming soon.

Salute!

Happy New Year! I was planning on a quiet night at home with the future Mrs. DukeCity. But just today I got a call for a gig (the regular sax guy is stuck in Denver). So, a little bubbly with the little woman around 8, then I'll dig my car out of the snow and head downtown. Probably not too much party-ing, since I'll be my own designated driver.

If you're looking for another Jack Lemmon film with an apartement theme, I suggest The Prisoner of 2nd Avenue with Anne Bancroft.

Thanks for the rec, sir. We have a canon of New Year's Eve flicks from which we usually choose:

Night at the Opera

Casablanca

Roman Holiday

Some Like It Hot

Charade

Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn's a fave...can you tell? :g )

L.A. Confidential

Monty Python & the Holy Grail

This Is Spinal Tap

I had tickets to the Bears/Packers game tonight, but I caught a nasty cold/fever yesterday and am still quite sick, so I sold my ticket. A bad way to start the new year, but then again, a quiet night at home with the Bears on TV and some tea on the kettle ain't so bad.

Best wishes in 2007 to you all!

I had tickets to the Bears/Packers game tonight, but I caught a nasty cold/fever yesterday and am still quite sick, so I sold my ticket. A bad way to start the new year, but then again, a quiet night at home with the Bears on TV and some tea on the kettle ain't so bad.

Best wishes in 2007 to you all!

My wife stayed up to watch this (still on London time), but I believe she wishes she hadn't. I'm sure you were better off at home.

:party:

Happy New Year to all.

Spent the evening with my wife and a dinner of traditional o-seichi Japanese. We went to the top of our building to watch the fireworks over the city. It reminded me of the flak footage from Baghdad on CNN during Gulf War I.

It will be an interesting year for us. We are expecting a daughter in a week and will be moving away from the Philippines to a destination as yet unknown.