No mail delivery Tuesday

rostasi

All I know is it sucks because I had put off paying some bills and now its really going to be cutting it close. Let me tell ya, Citibank doesn't mess around when it comes to on-time payment and the penalties that occur in its absence. :angry:

Can't you make an electronic payment for the minimum over the weekend?

Check this out - I have a Bank Of America bill due 12/31. Says right there on the bill: Payment Due Date: 12/31/2006So I go to make an online payment & it says thta the payment will be credited Jan 2, since 12/31 is not a business day. Fuck that. I'll pay by phone, take the hit on the fee, and be done with it.

Nope. Same deal. Make it on 12/30, get credited for 01/02. I'm talking to some CS zombie and I ask him straight up - Define "Payment Due Date". "That's the last day you can make your payment and not have it considered late." "So why is a payment made before the Payment Due Date going to be considered late?" "Because the Payment Due Date falls on a Weekend" "So it's not really the Payment Due Date then, is it." "Yes, it's still the Payment Due Date." "So you're telling me that words on a piece of paper have no real meaning then, right?" "No, that's not what I'm saying." "You're a liar, aren't you." "No sir, I'm not. Is there anything else I can help you with?" "Yeah, you can get your head out of your ass before it gets stuck there permanently." Click.

Being in Colorado we've now had two major snowstorms gumming up the works and now this. I sent several bills out in a timely manner but have no guarantees they'll be received on time. I did all I could do but these are things that are outside of my control as well as that of my creditors. If they contact me I'll just lay this out for them and we'll go from there.

All I know is it sucks because I had put off paying some bills and now its really going to be cutting it close. Let me tell ya, Citibank doesn't mess around when it comes to on-time payment and the penalties that occur in its absence. :angry:

Check this out - I have a Bank Of America bill due 12/31. Says right there on the bill: Payment Due Date: 12/31/2006So I go to make an online payment & it says thta the payment will be credited Jan 2, since 12/31 is not a business day. Fuck that. I'll pay by phone, take the hit on the fee, and be done with it.

Nope. Same deal. Make it on 12/30, get credited for 01/02. I'm talking to some CS zombie and I ask him straight up - Define "Payment Due Date". "That's the last day you can make your payment and not have it considered late." "So why is a payment made before the Payment Due Date going to be considered late?" "Because the Payment Due Date falls on a Weekend" "So it's not really the Payment Due Date then, is it." "Yes, it's still the Payment Due Date." "So you're telling me that words on a piece of paper have no real meaning then, right?" "No, that's not what I'm saying." "You're a liar, aren't you." "No sir, I'm not. Is there anything else I can help you with?" "Yeah, you can get your head out of your ass before it gets stuck there permanently." Click.

There's no grace period?

There's no grace period?

Bank of America is notorious for this bullshit. Consumer advocate Clark Howard is forever reaming them over something. I had this happen to me a few times thru the years when I still had a card with them.(Pay on a Friday after 4 PM a bill due Sunday, that wouldn't be credited til Monday with a nice late fee applied) I would raise hell,(Just like it sounds like Jim did) saying why is the due date on the weekend? I would argue , tell them how it wasn't a problem to pay the day my Credit card bill was due(online, or in person) at my credit union. Then I'd say how I know it wasn't the person's fault who picked up the phone,(I'm a one man good cop/bad cop) and that I needed to speak to a supervisor. Usually, at that point they'd say as a "courtesy" they would take off the late fee. So try calling them after the late fee shows...

Edited by BERIGAN