http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=2962

1. Tempo De Blues

2. Vintage '57

3. I Hear A Rhapsody

4. Up In Teddy's New Flat

5. Sunset Eyes

6. Teddy's Tune

7. Takin' Off

8. New Symphony Sid, The - (bonus track)

9. My Kinda Blues - (bonus track)

10. Takin' Off - (first version, bonus track)

He also recorded the Teddy's New Flat on Dial in the late 40's

Sunset Eyes was PJ-14: http://www.bsnpubs.com/underconst/pacificjazz.html

PJ-11 was a Harry Edison side (same source).

The Baker thing was PJLP-11, a 10" LP. (same source).

Maybe...the single was released before the album and by the time the album came out the title had been changed and the catalog number changed. A difference of 3 isn't all that much, and shit happens.

Or maybe the 45 has a worn label and the "4" looks like a "1" due to wear, or dried vomit. Again, shit happens.

the b side to me n my lover is up in teddys new flat (as i see is found on SUNSET EYES)

it clearly says from the lp Teddys New Flat PJ-11. no shittin ya'll- i guess the single came out prior. as i see now the song is on what became sunset eyes.

im sure im not the 1st to point this out- but maybe the 1st in a while. i want a copy of sunset eyes

the b side to me n my lover is up in teddys new flat (as i see is found on SUNSET EYES)

it clearly says from the lp Teddys New Flat PJ-11. no shittin ya'll- i guess the single came out prior. as i see now the song is on what became sunset eyes.

im sure im not the 1st to point this out- but maybe the 1st in a while. i want a copy of sunset eyes

Chewy is right. I have the single and the LP. Apparently the album was scheduled to be issued as PJ-11 and titled "Teddy's New Flat", but must have been changed to PJ-14 "Sunset Eyes" by the time it was released. Interestingly, the B-side of the single "Me and My Lover" was not included on the LP, and is, I believe, the only vocal recorded by Billy Higgins.

Interestingly, the B-side of the single "Me and My Lover" was not included on the LP, and is, I believe, the only vocal recorded by Billy Higgins.

Doesn't Billy sing on Donald Byrd's "Slow Drag"? He sings also on a track of Anthony Cox' "Dark Metals" (Minor Music, 1991, w/Dewey Redman). And I think he sings also on the recent ECM duo album with Charles Lloyd.

luca

CHEWY IS MAD THEY BUMPED TEDDYS RECORD FOR CHETTY CHET CHETS COMPELETE SELLOUT OF A ALBUM< basically, CHET BAKER SINGS is the "PACIFIC JAZZ EQULIVIENT" of, say, oh, i dont know, the PJ equivelent of Annimotion's 1984 hit "Obsession":

You are an obsession

I cannot sleep

I am your possession

Unopened at your feet

There's no balance

No equality

Be still I will not accept defeat

I will have you

Yes, I will have you

I will find a way and I will have you

Like a butterfly

A wild butterly

I will collect you and capture you

You are an obsession

You're my obsession

Who do you want me to be

To make you sleep with me

You are an obsession

You're my obsession

Who do you want me to be

I feed you I drink you

My day and my night

I need you I need you

By sun or candlelight

You protest

You want to leave

Stay

Oh, there's no alternative

Your face appears again

I see the beauty there

But I see danger

Stranger beware

A circumstance

In your naked dreams

Your affection is not what it seems

You are an obsession

You're my obsession

Who do you want me to be

You are an obsession

You're my obsession

Who do you want me to be

My fantasy has turned to madness

And all my goodness

Has turned to badness

My need to possess you

Has consumed my soul

My life is trembling

I have no control

I will have you

Yes, I will have you

I will find a way and I will have you

Like a butterfly

A wild butterly

I will collect you and capture yo

Interestingly, the B-side of the single "Me and My Lover" was not included on the LP, and is, I believe, the only vocal recorded by Billy Higgins.

Doesn't Billy sing on Donald Byrd's "Slow Drag"? He sings also on a track of Anthony Cox' "Dark Metals" (Minor Music, 1991, w/Dewey Redman). And I think he sings also on the recent ECM duo album with Charles Lloyd.

I stand corrected. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

got the prestige lp "ITS ALL RIGHT" today- is it "All Right" that i got it even though teddy completely sold out and went to Englewood Cliffs to do an album w/ cedar walton? I had huge regrets about that fact, but nonetheless it was good so i had to get it, but i was mad

WTF? Sell out?

In 1966 Teddy was sitting in L.A. with NO gigs to speak of and landing the Prestige deal was a really nice thing for him! The records are good and were absolutely done to the taste of the day, but so what?

Sunset Eyes is on ebay once a month and isn't hard to come by.

I knew Teddy for the last 25 years of his life and I miss him every day. He was my all time favorite player--must have heard him live at least 100 times, including his last public gig at Spazio with his string big band. Herman Riley had to take most of the tenor solos, as it was all Teddy could do to conduct and MC the show, but he gave his ALL as he ALWAYS did.