New Year resolutions?

We're less than two weeks from the New Year! Are you making any resolutions?

One of mine is probably one of the most common resolutions made-losing weight. I'd like to lose at least 30 pounds. My second big resolution is to spend much much more time listening to the music I have and much much less effort acquiring new music. After the post holiday sales and $$ gifts, I may try and ban new purchases for at least 6 months. It'll be tough, but I think I could do it. :unsure:

Practice more. Spend more time doing things that are important to me and less time doing things that others deem important for me. Continue to eat healthily. Continue to exercise on a regular basis (I don't want to wake up old anytime in the next two decades!). Continue to treat my wife with the respect and care she deserves. Spend more time with our families. Focus internally. Work smarter. Get up with it. Become more involved locally. Celebrate my thirtieth birthday. Start my own family. No particular order.

We're less than two weeks from the New Year! Are you making any resolutions?

One of mine is probably one of the most common resolutions made-losing weight. I'd like to lose at least 30 pounds. My second big resolution is to spend much much more time listening to the music I have and much much less effort acquiring new music. After the post holiday sales and $$ gifts, I may try and ban new purchases for at least 6 months. It'll be tough, but I think I could do it. :unsure:

Good luck on all fronts. As for myself I'd like to take more time off and enjoy life more.

I'll second Lon's "write more". I hope to keep my CD/LP/Whatever buying in 2007 at the same level as 2006: fewer than four. I even passed up a sealed Complete John Coltrane '61 box for $19 today. (Obviously, it's still on my mind...)

I'd say 'read more', but that doesn't seem possible. It's been every-free-moment lately, including 350,000 miles on planes.

I truly wish to become more understanding of others. In the last few years I've become more and more resentful of the things that people do that clash with my idea of how things should be done. It's a not very attractive side of me and it profoundly bothers me . Some random daily examples: while waiting for my daily commuter train, I've developed a strong hatred of people who stand and vacantly stare in the direction that the train will be coming from, as if this will somehow make the train miraculously appear, even when it's not due for another 10 minutes. I also dislike the people who come to the station, see a bunch of people waiting for the train and then run to check the posted schedule, as if to really make sure that there is indeed a train due. What do they think we're all standing there for?... fuckheads! And how about those morons, who arrive at the station just as the train pulls in and then insist on using the highly inefficient ticket machine to buy a ticket instead of buying one on board (even if there is a $5 penalty). We're all supposed to sit and wait while these jerks try to figure out how to use the machine. Hey idiots if you don't have a ticket get to the goddamn station a little earlier so you don't have to hold up the train in order to save your precious 5 bucks. What a world of assholes... I wanna kill them all...

I truly wish to become more understanding of others. In the last few years I've become more and more resentful of the things that people do that clash with my idea of how things should be done. It's a not very attractive side of me and it profoundly bothers me . Some random daily examples: while waiting for my daily commuter train, I've developed a strong hatred of people who stand and vacantly stare in the direction that the train will be coming from, as if this will somehow make the train miraculously appear, even when it's not due for another 10 minutes. I also dislike the people who come to the station, see a bunch of people waiting for the train and then run to check the posted schedule, as if to really make sure that there is indeed a train due. What do they think we're all standing there for?... fuckheads! And how about those morons, who arrive at the station just as the train pulls in and then insist on using the highly inefficient ticket machine to buy a ticket instead of buying one on board (even if there is a $5 penalty). We're all supposed to sit and wait while these jerks try to figure out how to use the machine. Hey idiots if you don't have a ticket get to the goddamn station a little earlier so you don't have to hold up the train in order to save your precious 5 bucks. What a world of assholes... I wanna kill them all...

I think my New Year's Resolution just became to stay the fuck away from wherever you are! :g:g:g:g:g

Yeah! And what about those fuckers who plan to open their presents Sunday night instead of Monday morning? God I wanna kill them all.

:rolleyes:

I put on 6 pounds in 2006, starting at Christmas 2005. Gotta take it off; my trousers aren't fitting!

Give proper attention to buying African music this year. Bought hardly any in 2006. Withdrawal symptoms bad. Two Sekouba Bambinos to be ordered in January for starters.

Ditto Gospel music (as opposed to singing preachers - though I shan't forget about them).

Avoid telling my wife to shut up when she talks while I'm trying, on her behalf, to negotiate a telephone menu; it doesn't go down well, I notice.

MG

Happy Festivus!

Happy Festivus!

David, are you getting along OK in light of your recent health probs?

I'm doing ok, the doctor says I'm doing better and I'm dealing with it.

New years resolutions: make more music, read more books, listen to more music, make my day job grow....

Happy Festivus!

New years resolutions: make more music, read more books, listen to more music, make my day job grow....

Good luck to you in '07. :)

Happy Festivus!

Good luck to you in '07. :)

And the same to you and and everyone on this board. :D