Live Jazz - Washington DC / Northern Virginia

BeBop

If there's a previous post on the topic, I couldn't find it with a search.

So, anything going on in the way of clubs and concerts, particularly next week? I know Blues Alley and, from time to time, the Smithsonian and Kennedy Center. I've heard another place mentioned: Bohemian Caverns(?) but I haven't been. I'm also aware of the dcjazz website (http://www.dcjazz.com). Anything else anyone want to hip me to?

Yes, Twins is missing from your list: www.twinsjazz.com

They have two locations. This week-end, it's Mulgrew Miller at the Uptown location, and Allison Miller (no relation) on U street. I'll definitely go to Mulgrew, perhaps the other as well.

Buck Hill is at the Smithsonian on 12/15.

I haven't been to Bohemain in ages. The old owners were jerks, but they are under new ownership.

Bertrand.

Yes, Twins is missing from your list: www.twinsjazz.com

They have two locations. This week-end, it's Mulgrew Miller at the Uptown location, and Allison Miller (no relation) on U street. I'll definitely go to Mulgrew, perhaps the other as well.

Buck Hill is at the Smithsonian on 12/15.

I haven't been to Bohemain in ages. The old owners were jerks, but they are under new ownership.

Bertrand.

Buck Hill and I will be at the Smithsonian. Thanks for the tip. Will also check out Twins. Music plus, perhaps, flashbacks to Ethiopia. Ben Boker sounds interesting enough.

Once again, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad the Smithsonian offers jazz but I've found it far from a good listening space unless you get there wayyy early. On the other hand, Twins on U is a good space. I saw some guy playing a B3 there recently- what were their names?- organgrinders or something like that :)))

I'm glad the Smithsonian offers jazz but I've found it far from a good listening space unless you get there wayyy early. On the other hand, Twins on U is a good space. I saw some guy playing a B3 there recently- what were their names?- organgrinders or something like that :) ))

orgasmo? Those guys rock it like robots!