eBay Lp dealers --

Dmitry

jazz_jazz_jazz : i'm not surprised by your bad surprise. Their adds are agressive, bad quality pictures (i suppose in purpose) plenty of label listed in each add , (so you see them everywhere, whatever search you do), trashed covers listed VG+ etc...will never buy from them. Donaepapi : one experience. An accurately described Bill Evans record. Never buy other.

Edited by Michel

donaepapi offered to give me a refund. This is going to cost me $30. $15 shipping each way from/to Italy. Plus I want delivery confirmation so the seller doesn't say he never received the LP back from me.

jazz_jazz_jazz hasn't responded to my request for refund yet.

It's amazing that sellers like these have over 99% positive feedback.

Coincidentally - how long can I wait till leaving a negative feedback? I think it's 90 days after the auction's end. If I can I'd like to do it in the last hour of the last day, so they can't leave retaliatory negative feedback.

donaepapi offered to give me a refund. This is going to cost me $30. $15 shipping each way from/to Italy. Plus I want delivery confirmation so the seller doesn't say he never received the LP back from me.

jazz_jazz_jazz hasn't responded to my request for refund yet.

It's amazing that sellers like these have over 99% positive feedback.

Coincidentally - how long can I wait till leaving a negative feedback? I think it's 90 days after the auction's end. If I can I'd like to do it in the last hour of the last day, so they can't leave retaliatory negative feedback.

I think if you are refund, left no negative, whatever. And if you leave neg, (even legitimate) be prepared to get one in return...

Yes, please, let's share the ebay ID's of the unscrupulous dealers. :tup

I would caution you against doing this. After a thread similar to this appeared on another site, an ebay dealer that was slammed threatened the owners with legal action if the posts weren't removed. I would hate to see this happen to our friends here. Maybe this is best done in private.

I would caution you against doing this. After a thread similar to this appeared on another site, an ebay dealer that was slammed threatened the owners with legal action if the posts weren't removed. I would hate to see this happen to our friends here. Maybe this is best done in private.

I would second the motion.

Bill

Now i understand why those guys have always 100 % positive feedback ! :D

Edited by Michel

I suspect that unless the complaint is something approaching legally prosecutable fraud you'd be better off to solve your dispute with the seller if you can first.

Although it's noble to attempt to protect the rest of us vinyl hunters from bad buys, do you have enough actual evidence to defend yourself legally, should the seller choose to hit you with a lawsuit?

It's always chancy to buy anything, particularly records, without seeing, examining and even playing them first. So, we are all taking a chance by buying records on-line. Would you describe a record as scratched, dented and virtually unplayable, if there was a chance you could unload it for money?

That's the difference between somebody, like I assume we are, and someone who sees a chance to make a profit on old records rather than just trekking them down to GoodWill.

Caveat Emptor has never been more apropos than it is when shopping online.

The only thing you can do is make sure that the seller offers a refund and paid S&H if you aren't satisfied with your purchase.

If they do, then there isn't a problem, even if the record turns out to be absolute trash.

What kind of legal action can be taken? I would simply refrain from making generalizations and state your specific claims. Also please note if the seller offers a refund or not.

Creating a list entitled "Unscrupulous Ebay Dealers" may not be the best idea IMO. I think that many people who have had conflict with a seller on ebay may have a hard time separating the facts from their emotions. I was not proposing blanket censorship, just a little prudence.

That is why we should privately share our list. On every commercial transaction, i can have an opinion, and share it privately with someone. Why not with record sellers (or bidder) ? Anyway this thread proves that the Ebay feedback and rating system is not reliable (and all my scratched records and seam splitted covers think so ! ).

A friendly epistle from jazz_jazz_jazz

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your mail and update. Wow the LP got to you so quick! That’s great. No worries about the return. All my items are guaranteed 100% for any reason. I would be glad to have the LP back here in the archives again.

Just a friendly seller here. As another option I also offer 50% refund if you would like to keep the item.

Please have a nice day/evening and thanks for keeping me on radar.

I just got in some great pieces and will be posting them ASAP. Hope one can make it to your fine home.

Best,

Paul ......

Yeah, like I'll be buying from him again. :crazy:

No wonder almost noone else bid on this DG West 63rd Street mono in NM untouched condition. I should've known better.

• 3 weeks later...