Stan Kenton - live and on record

Durium

In fact I'm searching for some good sounding recordings. Not specific live-recordings.

In that case, the recently reissued "Stan Kenton Today" should do.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stan-Kenton-Today-...n/dp/B0006840IE

It's a double CD, recorded in London, 1970, and originally issued by Decca (in its old "Phase 4 Stereo Spectacular Series). Now it's on Vocalion. A very good concert, imho, and it is LOUD :D

luca

In fact I'm searching for some good sounding recordings. Not specific live-recordings.

In that case, the recently reissued "Stan Kenton Today" should do.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stan-Kenton-Today-...n/dp/B0006840IE

It's a double CD, recorded in London, 1970, and originally issued by Decca (in its old "Phase 4 Stereo Spectacular Series). Now it's on Vocalion. A very good concert, imho, and it is LOUD :D

luca

Thanks Eloe

Keep swinging

Durium

Edited by Durium

You may already have this info, but: In the 1970's Kenton started releasing albums on his own label, Creative World Records.

Thanks Glen.

As I wrote in my web log, I remember that the Creative World LPs, were to expensive for me at that time. Everytime I see such an LP now a days I don't know if it is worth the money to buy it, although I can afford it now and they aren't even that expensive.

Keep swinging

Durium