Help with booking Reptet's west coast tour?

Johnny E

Hello all,

Now that we have the east coast tour under our belts, Reptet is looking to tour the west coast in March. I have a decent amount of contact in the pacific Northwest, but next to none for California, Nevada, New Mexico or Arizona. Anyway, the thought struck me that many of you fine folks might be able to put me in touch with clubs, museums, schools and festivals that I did not know exsisted. And of course, personal connections are better than cold calls, so....

Please PM if you have any leads or can help in any way.

Much thanks in advance,

-john

No info but a great thanks for playing our area. Wonderful band and good show.

Very nice folks to boot.

Buy the cds.

Thanks Chuck.

BTW, we just posted a live recording of the tune Do This! on our web site from the show we did at The Elastic in Chicago on Sept. 30th. Go here to check it our.

what about miami!

We'd love to play Miami. It just was not feasible this past trip. But we intend to go back to the east coast again next year. Do you have any contacts in FL and/ GA? The only way to make it work would be to do a southern tour, that means Miami, Orlando, Savannah, Atlanta, Charlotte, etc. I have no contacts in those areas at all. Let me know if you can help.

Edited by Johnny E

There's an organization called the Western Jazz Presenters Network. Their website is:

http://wjpn.org

The mission on thier site says: "The Western Jazz Presenters Network (WJPN) is a coalition of jazz presenters in the western region of North America. The Network is dedicated to mutual support through networking, collective block-booking of touring jazz artists, professional development and advancement of the full diversity of the jazz field."

Here in Albuquerque, the Outpost Performance Space, booked by Tom Guralnick, is a member of WJPN. If you can get in touch with him or one of the other members, maybe that could be a starting place.

Good Luck! Hope you make it out this way.

I don't know who books at Sam Bond's. They've always been very friendly on the phone, however.

I don't think Sam is associated with the club. The space is actually a converted mechanic's garage. Sam was the original owner ... and mechanic. Now it's a little pub that serves microbrews. The club's full name was (or still is) Sam Bond's Garage.

When Charles Gayle played there, it was body-to-body. When Ben Goldberg played there (with Junk Genius), there were five people in the audience. When Nels Cline played there, people were literally sitting on the "stage".

CHEWY-CHEW-CHEW REPORTING: LISTEN 2 JOHNNY E. PEOPLE I SAW HIS BAND THE REPTET THIS WEEKEND AND THEY HAVE THEIR OWN UNIQUE BRAND IN JAZZ. OR MAYBE THATS WHAT THE KIDS ARE DOING IN NEW YORK NOW I HAVE NO IDEA BUT NONETHELESS I HAD NEVERHEARD HARDLY ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE. THEY HAVE GUYS AND CHICKS IN THE BAND MIXED TOGETHER, LIKE SUN RA AND HIS ASTRO-INFINITY-MYTH-SCIENCE-SOLAR-APPROACH-ARKESTRA (IN THE 70S). THEY PLAY SLOW SONGS AND FAST SONGS AND LOUD SONGS AND SOFT SONGS. JOHNNY E DID PLAY LIKE BUDDY RICH AND HAVE DIHAREA OVER THE WHOLE BAND THE WHOLE TIME, HE PLAYED SOFTER IN SOME SPOTS AND LOUDER IN OTHER SPOTS. JOHNNY E IS THE ONLY GUY IN THE BAND WHO DOESN'T PLAY A HORN.

CHEWY-CHEW-CHEW REPORTING: LISTEN 2 JOHNNY E. PEOPLE I SAW HIS BAND THE REPTET THIS WEEKEND AND THEY HAVE THEIR OWN UNIQUE BRAND IN JAZZ. OR MAYBE THATS WHAT THE KIDS ARE DOING IN NEW YORK NOW I HAVE NO IDEA BUT NONETHELESS I HAD NEVERHEARD HARDLY ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE. THEY HAVE GUYS AND CHICKS IN THE BAND MIXED TOGETHER, LIKE SUN RA AND HIS ASTRO-INFINITY-MYTH-SCIENCE-SOLAR-APPROACH-ARKESTRA (IN THE 70S). THEY PLAY SLOW SONGS AND FAST SONGS AND LOUD SONGS AND SOFT SONGS. JOHNNY E DID PLAY LIKE BUDDY RICH AND HAVE DIHAREA OVER THE WHOLE BAND THE WHOLE TIME, HE PLAYED SOFTER IN SOME SPOTS AND LOUDER IN OTHER SPOTS. JOHNNY E IS THE ONLY GUY IN THE BAND WHO DOESN'T PLAY A HORN.

Thanks Aric, er, I mean Chewy. Thanks for coming to the show. You're one funny mutherfucker.

ps. the bassist doesn't play a horn either...although he is a very horny guy.