Happy Birthday Christern!

Happy Birthday Chris!

I have been enjoying your work since 1970, when I started reading your Stereo Review record reviews. They really made an positive impact on me in my impressionable youth, and did a lot to deepen my interest in music. I hope that you have a great birthday!

Edited by Hot Ptah

Comrade, you are in the veritable prime of youth compared to me!!! Please come home and help me mount the barricades of the political forum. Once our seizure of the People's Congress is complete, we shall treat this reactionary rascal known as "Son of a Weizen" to the reeducation of a lifetime!!! :D

Comrade, you are in the veritable prime of youth compared to me!!! Please come home and help me mount the barricades of the political forum. Once our seizure of the People's Congress is complete, we shall treat this reactionary rascal known as "Son of a Weizen" to the reeducation of a lifetime!!! :D

What? I have to accompany you overseas for 18 months and play station manager when you launch that new Night Light's Asia program? :P

radio_pyongyang_cover.jpg

Thank you, everybody--I am overwhelmed and grateful to be a part of the Big O's jazz community!

I had a very nice time this evening when friends of mine got together and took me out to dinner (one flew in from Köln). I learned a lot from my grandfather, who spent a lifetime making friends and, as a consequence, never had a lonely moment when he and my grandmother reach their 90s. I am very fortunate to have so many genuine friends and I hope that I am contributing to their lives at least a good fraction of what I get from knowing them.

Here is a fleeeting second of the evening captured for posterity.

100_1019_2.jpg