Bill Heid

Jim Alfredson

Been listening to a lot of Bill's music lately... been listening to mostly Bill's music lately... okay, been listening to Bill's music pretty much exclusively lately! 
This man can PLAY! Mind blowing stuff.

I tried listening to some Larry Goldings, but what I heard was more of an olive oil type situation... not that NLGI grade 4 thick grease that Bill is slickin down.

I suspect that bill is in a league of his own as far as modern interpretations of the masters. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on that front.

I think my favourite recording right now is Asian Persuasion with Peter Bernstein. Looking past the questionable title and less than appealing cover art, I think that Bill shines in the horn-less setting. Peter Bernstein has some great ideas and is quite a tasteful and enjoyable player, though even he can't keep up with Bill on Hustle Bustle (who can blame him though). Also... MINOR GLIDE!! Come on now!!!! What a tune, what a story! I'm along for the ride and loving every minute of it, and again, and again, and...

Bill Heid man.

Edited by Stevie Mclean

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic