NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a nailbiter between the Bears and the Bucs this afternoon. Left me pissed off, but what can you do. Its frustrating to be a Bears fan!

I have a feeling that it won't be a good season. This time, however, they will seesaw between the O and the D letting them down. No way they should have lost that game. Fortunately, I don't like football (my wife loves it), and it is easy for me to ignore the Bears. As far as I am concerned, they have already ended the season with a sub .500 season, so that's the extent of mental energy I need to expend on them. I will say, however, that the coaching of the Bears leaves a lot to be desired. I'm no longer at all impressed with Lovie, as he fired the only coach who actually performed.

I'm not too sure yet that the season will be bad, but I absolutely agree with you about the coaching, Eric. Lovie should have been gone after last season.

Edited by sal

The last time the Lions won a playoff game was what... 1957?

The NFL needs a mercy rule.

In the present environment(free agency, one-way contracts, losing teams get weak schedules) no team should go more than 3-4 years between playoff appearances. If they go as long as the Lions & the Raiders it's because of shoddy management. Matt Millen is a disgrace and should have been fired 2-3 yeras ago.

When is it ever good to be an Eagles fan?

:P:g

According to my Father-in-Law, 1960.

I just want to know why we got 9 sacks against Pittsburgh yesterday but could not manage to get ONE against Dallas. I mean the Eagles' D couldn't stop Dallas at all Monday night. And yesterday they kept to Steelers out of the end zone and held the NFL's leading rusher(coming into the game) to 20 freakin' yards. What happened in those 6 days between the Dallas and Pittsburgh games?

Edited by J.H. Deeley

I just want to know why we got 9 sacks against Pittsburgh yesterday but could not manage to get ONE against Dallas. I mean the Eagles' D couldn't stop Dallas at all Monday night. And yesterday they kept to Steelers out of the end zone and held the NFL's leading rusher(coming into the game) to 20 freakin' yards. What happened in those 6 days between the Dallas and Pittsburgh games?

Yeah, but even I will admit that last Monday's game was THE worst-called game I've ever witnessed. There were so many missed calls, I was starting to think I'd switched on a Pee-Wee football game instead, or at the very least the refs were on Jerry Jones payroll.

Not complaining, mind you :g; just acknowledging the facts.

I am SO glad the Chargers won last night. I wanna see Favre lead the Jets to a 1-15 season, while the Pack goes 15-1. Unrealistic? Probably, but that's how low Favre is on the totem-pole for me.

why?

For being a prima-donna crybaby who couldn't accept that his former team had decided to move on without him; for acting sulky when Green Bay took Favre at his word, as opposed to waiting on pins & needles hoping The Great Brett Favre might change his mind, come back for one more season, and lead the Packers to one final Super Bowl before riding off into the sunset; for not staying retired, thereby shredding any sense of dignity he might've had beforehand.

For starters....

Hey Chalupa, I remember the 1960 title game! Tell your f-i-l that I remember one play in particular, when Van Brocklin threw the ball after he crossed the line of scrimmage. When he did it, I thought to myself, Didn't he cross the line of scrimmage? And then the ref threw the flag!

Funny what you remember years later from when you were a kid!

From the story at nfl.com:

William Clay Ford also has been the target of criticism. Since he took over the franchise, starting with the 1964 season, the Lions have won only one playoff game.

:blink::huh::o

I did not know that. Man, I really feel sorry for Lions fans!

You'll be pleased to know that victory (38-6 win in '91) was against the Dallas Cowboys! :D

From the story at nfl.com:

William Clay Ford also has been the target of criticism. Since he took over the franchise, starting with the 1964 season, the Lions have won only one playoff game.

:blink::huh::o

I did not know that. Man, I really feel sorry for Lions fans!

You'll be pleased to know that victory (38-6 win in '91) was against the Dallas Cowboys! :D

Everyone's a comedian.... :rolleyes:;)

Cowboys laid an egg today at home. Didn't play with any enthusiasm or energy today.

Romo's INT led to the game winning FG, as it turned out. Not enough of a running game today, either. They tried to hit home runs or something all day.

Every game in that division will be a dogfight. The best teams in the NFL right now reside in the NFC East. I still think the Cowboys will be SB favs by playoff time.