NFL chat thread

Its a really exciting game so far. Do either of these teams play any defense?

Some mistakes on both sides, as well as some bad officiating so far.

Romo had back to back bonehead plays - the interception that resulted in a TD drive, and the fumble in the end zone on the next play.

Cowboys also had a couple of facemask penalties that weren't called, while there was a pass interference called against the Cowboys that put the ball on the 1 or 2 yrd line that shouldn't have been called at all. It was offensive pass interference pretty clearly.

Meanwhile Desean Jackson got bailed out when he dropped the ball prior to crossing the end zone on his long TD reception.

Fun game!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donavan McChoke does it again. :rmad:

Very strange last possession by Philly. :huh:

Cowboys are a good team for sure; lots of egos, but that's part of the game as long as you can "walk the walk". It will be interesting to see how both of these teams fare over the season.

This was a fun game to watch! Home run derby!

Edited by Free For All

Donavan McChoke does it again. :rmad:

I think McNabb had an excellent game, other than the two fumbles he caused (one turnover i think).

The final play call cost them a chance at the end, not McNabb's play, IMO.

He played very well until the fumble and then he fell apart. Again. The final play call was bullshit but you play the hand you're dealt. If McNabb hadn't been a bonehead by taking that sack then they wouldn't have been in such a precarious position to begin with. You're out of the pocket - just throw the ball towards the line of scrimmage. Don't take the sack.

The last two minutes of that game showed you exactly why McNabb and Reid will never will a championship. 10 years together and they still have figured out how to run the 2 minute drill.

Sigh...

EDIT: That should read," have NOT figured out ..." and DonOvan McChoke. Dang typos!

Edited by J.H. Deeley

The last two minutes of that game showed you exactly why McNabb and Reid will never will a championship. 10 years together and they still have figured out how to run the 2 minute drill.

Sigh...

Well, don't feel bad: the Cowboys won't ever win a Super Bowl with all those damn penalties they keep committing.

I don't think that McNabb will last the season in good health with all of the running around he's doing. I realize that that's his game, and I don't wish him any ill will. Just don't see him lasting the season.

If I'm wrong, someone can remind me when the season ends.

Well considering that he's missed significant time the past 4 seasons you're probably right. :(

That game could have been a blow out for the Cowboys. The Eagles were handed two scores(the bad interference call and Romo's fumble in the end zone) that made it closer than it should have been. Donovan kept them in it until late in the game when he reverted to McChoke. It's shame the guy has never had any receivers to work with outside of the 1.5 seasons he had w/ TO. Still I can't pin this loss on him alone. The D gave up 41 freaking points and recorded zero sacks! Their LB's looked especially vulnerable on the pass. And Dawkins, dude I love the intensity you bring but you looked old out there last night when defending the pass. Oh and a shout out goes to the special teams who let Felix Jones avg. 42 yards per kickoff including a TD return. Reid's play calling .... ugh. On the bright side - DeSean Jackson is probably the most added player this morning in fantasy leagues. ;)

My Fantasy Squads For $$$$$$$$$$$$

My Team

QBs

P Manning

M Cassel

B Griese

RBs

E James

F Taylor

C Perry

WRs

G Jennings

R Wayne

M Colston

Reggie Williams

LJ Smith

Ks

N Folk

J Reed

Ds

Indy

NY Giants

Other League

My Team

Eagles Team QB

Titans Team QB

RBs

B Jacobs

A Peterson

M Turner

R Grant

WRs

P Burress

M Colston

S Smith

L Evans

Ks

S Gostkowski

P Dawson

D's

Seattle

Jax

Reserve

D Spoles

Team # 2 (1/2 ownership)

GB Team QB

NO Team QB

RBs

W Parker

B Westbrook

J Lewis

M Morris

WRs

C Chambers

G Jennings

Calvin Johnson

W Welker

Ks

N Folk

M Crosby

Ds

Minn

Balt

Reserve

Dallas Clark

# Team 03 ( 1/2 ownership

NE Team QB

Carolina Team QB

RBs

M Forte

E James

R Brown

L Maroney

WRs

B Edwards

TJ Housh............

TO

D Driver

Ks

J Scobee

N Rakers

Ds

Tenn

NE

Reserve

Kevin Smith

MY ESPN Teams For Free

Team # 01

QBs

K Warner

T Brady

V Young

RBs

B Jacobs

E James

D Williams

WRs

B Marshall

TO

W Welker

D Stallworth

TEs

LJ Smith

Ks

N Folk

S Gostkowski

Ds

NE

TB

Chicago

Team # 02

QBs

T Romo

J Russell

V Young

RBs

A Peterson

E James

WRs

D Bowe

W Welker

R Brown

M Colston

C Henry

TEs

H Miller

LJ Smith

Ks

N Folk

S Gostkowski

Ds

SD

Chicago

Well now that it's the morning after and the adrenaline has worn off and I've slept some, I can now clearly comment on last night's game. I know one thing: I sure feel sorry for any Eagles fans whose hearts might've gotten ripped out last night.

I'm just kidding: I never feel sorry for Eagles fans! :g Although, to be fair, I thought last night's game was probably THE worst-officiated game ever called in the history of the NFL. There were at least TWO blatant face-mask calls that should've been called against the Cowboys (one damn-near ripped an Eagle's head off!); later in the game, pass-interference was called against the Cowboys when the Eagles receiver had a wad full of Cowboy uniform in his hand and was dragging along the Cowboys defender who had his hands in the air. Just pitiful! Where do they get these guys, the NBA? I mean, I hate the Eagles as much as anyone else, but until that pass-interference call, I was really starting to wonder if the refs were on Jerry Jones payroll!

You have to admit, though, that last night's game was one of the most exciting, intense, and frustrating games ever played. I don't care what anyone says: neither one of those teams is going to the Super Bowl. The Eagles can't finish off a big game, and, like I said before, the Cowboys keep shooting themselves in the feet with stupid penalties and costly blunders.

Mark my words: this ain't the Cowboys year, either.

Week # 03

Browns Pick

browns + 2.5 vs balt

it's put up or shut up for my squad

Winslow II talks too much shit

Lock Of The Week

Indy - 5 pts vs Jax

Jax is a mess

Upset Of The Week

NO + 5.5 pts vs Denver

I'm still not sold on Denver

Others

Az + 3 pts vs Washington

Cards could be for real with Bouldin and Fitzgerald

Miami + 12.5 pts vs NE

Joey Porter knows what he's talkin' about and if he doesn't you can tell him

Pittsburgh + 3 pts vs Phily

I've sold my soul to the freaking devil

Dallas +3 pts vs GB

Big D Too Strong

I like Barber III running style

Edited by Soulstation1

Quite a nailbiter between the Bears and the Bucs this afternoon. Left me pissed off, but what can you do. Its frustrating to be a Bears fan!

I have a feeling that it won't be a good season. This time, however, they will seesaw between the O and the D letting them down. No way they should have lost that game. Fortunately, I don't like football (my wife loves it), and it is easy for me to ignore the Bears. As far as I am concerned, they have already ended the season with a sub .500 season, so that's the extent of mental energy I need to expend on them. I will say, however, that the coaching of the Bears leaves a lot to be desired. I'm no longer at all impressed with Lovie, as he fired the only coach who actually performed.