NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles just signed Michael Vick! :crazy:

The dog owner in me is bummed. However, the Eagles fan in me is intrigued.

He's probably better than the overrated Donovan Mcnabb.

Eagles and Pats are playing tonight in a matchup between the two "deepest" teams, according to several sportswriters. I really don't see anybody stopping the Patriots once the season starts.

Eagles just signed Michael Vick! :crazy:

The dog owner in me is bummed. However, the Eagles fan in me is intrigued.

He's probably better than the overrated Donovan Mcnabb.

Eagles and Pats are playing tonight in a matchup between the two "deepest" teams, according to several sportswriters. I really don't see anybody stopping the Patriots once the season starts.

The Cubs fan that hit Victorino w/ the cup of beer last night is more accurate then McNabb.

WHAT are they doing signing Ron Mexico???? I am so mad at that....stupid move by the Eagles....the guy's been an arrogant A-hole ever since he joined the league...and a mediocre QB.....better double the PR budget this year......I'm going to stowe all of my Eagle gear in a closet until he's gone......I thought they learned their lesson after T.O. I hope they lose every game....man, I'm pissed.

Vick belongs on the Cowboys- where players go for second chances.

I'm actually surprised Jerry Jones didn't snatch him up - he's usually infatuated with players like Vick - mainly because they're notorious and (in Jones' mind) create more curiousity for his team.... not that they may actually be beneficial on the field. IMO of course.

Maybe Favre will play a season for every team so they can make money off his jerseys

What I don't get is why a team would damage their future for Favre? There's no way that Favre will get the Vikings deep into the playoffs. If one thing was made clear last year it is that Farve gets worse as the season goes on, and he cannot take the pounding any more. So, why rest your season on the back of some forty year old, who can't play at that high level anymore? Adrian Peterson is in for heavy going this year.

Edit: For spelling

Edited by Matthew

Most of y'all think I'm a bad person anyway, so I'll say this publicly: I'm hoping to see Favre stretchered off the field into permanent retirement.

Note I did not say "with a life-changing brain injury" or "for a lengthy hospital stay".

I'd just like to see his bell rung a la Joe Montana vs the Giants such that he understands, finally and forever, that he isn't the savior and that he can't compete at this level.

Plus it would be nice karmic justice for the way he's fed his ego the last several years. Especially nice if a Packers LB does it to him, in fact.