NFL chat thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Don Coryell passed away today, bummer, but it was awesome watching Air Coryell in its prime -- just one of the advantages of growing up in San Diego .

The rehearsal in St. Louis was pretty cool too. Not as many weapons as Fouts had to play with, but Jim Hart to Mel Gray going long, and multi-purpose back Terry Metcalf could do it all. Unfortunately fumbling often was part of "all" too. Until the Greatest Show On Turf it was the best couple of years of football in St. Louis when Coryell took the team to the playoffs 2 years in a row back when the East was ruled by Cowboys & Redskins.

...and multi-purpose back Terry Metcalf could do it all. Unfortunately fumbling often was part of "all" too.

I went to an Argos game the year that Metcalf played for them. He lost a fumble!

It used to bum me out that I never saw Air Coryell, except I guess during the playoffs. As I recall, the Steelers games were always the national 4:00 pm game in those days, and the Chargers games were never shown where I lived.

I'm a hard core Eagles fan, but I must say that MIchael Vick is one of the stupidest, most pathetic people on the planet.

I think we need to send him here...

1d805447a7fcf8ea4e15543476b4923c.jpg

...it's in Norway, maybe it would be isolated enough for him to not cause harm to others.

I'm a hard core Eagles fan, but I must say that MIchael Vick is one of the stupidest, most pathetic people on the planet.

It's only pure stupidity that would cause Vick to invite Quanis Phillips, of all people, to his birthday party. Just that fact alone would be enough for me to get rid of Vick...

JaMarcus was perfect proof that it takes more than "personal pro day stats" to make a good football player. How many times have we seen highly touted athletes come out high in the draft and prove that they shouldn't have been anywhere near a professional football field? Been happening as long as I can remember.

I'm of the firm belief that if your team is bad enough to be able to pick first in the draft...you need to trade down and get some extra picks...you need more help than the one guy is gonna give you.

jamarcus never was too good'i don't know why he was drafted number 1, (even with al davis there)i remmeber the bowl vs notre dame in which he uotplayed brady quinn, and i can say he outplayed him just because the great defense of LSU, the only thing which actually impressed me was his strong arm, but for me he didn't show anythin more, however ryan leaf still ranks on the top of my bust list

• 2 weeks later...

The Cowboys signed their first round pick, Dez Bryant, today. Which is great because their training camp starts this weekend, since they're playing in the Hall of Fame game this year.

I think Bryant is gonna be a good one - they gave him #88, which was Drew Pearson and Michael Irvin's number, so there are obviously some high expectations from the organization.

I think it's just a matter of time before he supplants Roy Williams as the starter opposite Miles Austin.

DezBryant_OTA_2010_577_01.jpg

Ready for some football!

Edited by Aggie87

Terrell Owens has signed with Cincinnati, at the request of Ochocinco.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/bengals-sign-owens/article1653790/

Going to be interesting in Cincinnati. WR corps of Terrell Owens, Ochocinco, and Antonio Bryant. Combustible personalities for sure - who's going to be the first to complain they're not getting enough balls thrown their way?

Plus this team has Pacman Jones on it. And Cedric Benson. And Matt Jones. And Tank Johnson.

Are there enough probation officers in Cincy to keep track of those guys??

Edited by Aggie87

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised this thread hadn't been revived yet for the new season......

I think this is going to be an interesting season. Many of last year's big winners have already been beaten. A few observations:

OMG, did the Jets ever suck tonight! No offense whatsoever.

The rule that denied Detroit that last-second touchdown needs to be changed. They were robbed.

And the Cowboys again managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That was sad to watch.

Kansas City is playing with some swagger tonight.

the Texans appear to be for real at last.

Don't crown those 49ers, Carrol's Seahawks murdered them.

The Jets offense was offensive tonight...

oh yeah...the Cowboys look unfocused as usual and even unintentionally hilarious. (sorry fellow Texans)

I have a feeling we're going to have some real surprises come post-season this year...the season already has an interesting vibe to it.

Looks like a bad year (in continuation) for all the USC quarterbacks who left school early thinking they were sooooo good. Too many athletes leaving school early because they think they are sooo good. (and clean) are you listening Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo??

I used to idolize USC and its programs...... ?

On football pro teams, I'm just glad Tom Brady did not get hurt in the first game this year. Go Pats. But remember to feed Randy Moss also.

:party::party::party: