Those GEICO spots

GEICO Ad Campaign  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to admit that when they started the new campaign, it didn't do much for me and as tired as I was of the caveman spot, it was still much funnier.

Now, I'm starting to like the new spots, particularly the VO guy (hey, another VO guy can dream, right?) and the Little Richard spot.

So what do you say?

How come, in the TV Sucks thread, I admitted to watching a lot of tv and yet haven't seen a single one of these celebrity Geico spots, but you guys who always complain about the boob tube, hate all the new shows, and insist that you haven't watched anything in years are suddenly fans of some frickin' commercial? :lol:

btw, I like the caveman ad...

I don't know who the announcer is on the new Geico spot but I enjoyed that one and the Bacarach one was a hoot as well. On the whole I appreciate the creative chances that Geico takes but I would never by insurance from them. I considered their online questionnare too intrusive and they gave me a shitty quote to boot.

How come, in the TV Sucks thread, I admitted to watching a lot of tv and yet haven't seen a single one of these celebrity Geico spots, but you guys who always complain about the boob tube, hate all the new shows, and insist that you haven't watched anything in years are suddenly fans of some frickin' commercial? :lol:

btw, I like the caveman ad...

I watch very little TV, but I remember what I see.

I think a lot of TV just goes right by most folks.

Side topic: if it was you, which professional celebrity/whatever would you have tell your story? I'd wish for Jackie McLean to tell my story thru the magic of his alto sax.

Albert Ayler, John Coltrane and Pharoah Sanders.

Aw hell...toss in Cecil Taylor too. side order of Elvin and Rashid Ali, I'll let them pick the bass player.

Edited by 7/4

As an employee of Geico's #1 competitor in New York, I despise these commercials, and anyone who buys insurance from them because of a charismatic lizard DESERVES what is in store for them.

But as a TV watcher, I LOVE their commercials!! They're very well done and my company could really take a hint here...

I don't know who the announcer is on the new Geico spot but I enjoyed that one and the Bacarach one was a hoot as well. On the whole I appreciate the creative chances that Geico takes but I would never by insurance from them. I considered their online questionnare too intrusive and they gave me a shitty quote to boot.

ditto on all counts.

Hmmm...you guys are scaring me since I actually have GEICO insurance for my motorcycle (but haven't seen the ads); any recommendations?

JM if you're thinking of changing your carrier see if State Farm has motorcycle insurance. I got them for my car because they gave me the best deal but hopefully I won't have to put it to the test anytime soon.