Andre 3000 of OutKast to "rework" Kind Of Blue

trane_fanatic

I thought the love below was absolutely brilliant, and Questlove is an absolute monster. I can't imagine anyone thinking The Love Below is overrated or mediocre, let alone poor.

'TLB' was hot garbage & barely listenable. Amazing what hype can do for a record.

However, I agree with you about ?uesto. The Roots, now there is a band that has put out consistently good to excellent albums. Can't wait for "Game Theory".

Even my favorite rap albums by my favorite rappers have songs that I skip. I don't listen to any of my Roots albums or Outkast albums or De La Soul or Mos Def all the way through...none of them. There's always a stinker or two or more.

Jazz has by far the most albums which I will listen to all the way through, but there's tons which I won't.

Edited by Noj

I thought the love below was absolutely brilliant, and Questlove is an absolute monster. I can't imagine anyone thinking The Love Below is overrated or mediocre, let alone poor.

'TLB' was hot garbage & barely listenable. Amazing what hype can do for a record.

However, I agree with you about ?uesto. The Roots, now there is a band that has put out consistently good to excellent albums. Can't wait for "Game Theory".

With you on the Roots, but what's your beef with TLB? I've heard few with so violent response to the material...

Anyway--on the Wynton thing; however it's spun, how/why did he agree to this?

I'm looking forward to the album--not only as a fan of Outkast, but as a dabbler in jazz remixes/reworks in general. Massive train wreck potential, but at least we have two consistently challenging artists (whatever the appraisal) working with some prime material. If it blows, I guess we can all shut it up in the 'best left forgotten' closet.