Homepage re-designed...

I finished the re-design of the organissimo homepage. The new logo is up at the top. I will eventually be replacing the skins here on the forum with ones that match the new design. I will make the original "peach & lavender" available for old times sake.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think: www.organissimo.org

I finished the re-design of the organissimo homepage. The new logo is up at the top. I will eventually be replacing the skins here on the forum with ones that match the new design. I will make the original "peach & lavender" available for old times sake.

looks good my man! did you get the article? What do you think?

looks good my man! did you get the article? What do you think?

I dug it very much! When can we put it up?

Sorry Jim, but I don't like the design. Colors are OK.

Well, it's definitely cleaner than the old one, don't you think?

I like it!

The logo is nice, the design is clean and straightforward.

I like the fact that you put the Tribune props right near the top.

and the links are well-placed and load quickly.

and the latest news items at the top - really great without being artsy.

I was gonna recommend putting the "contact" link at the end,

but that's only because it's what nearly everyone does, so I've changed my mind :D

:tup

I immediately thought of the Carolina Hurricanes, and I'm not even a hock y fan! Its not that though... It looks so familiar. I feel like I've seen this logo before.

Logos are really tough.

CAR_36.gif

Overall, I think you did a really good job with the composition of the layout. The tabs across the top are a nice touch.

Good design, overall, but I'm not sold on the new logo. Maybe with time.

Any chance you could do slightly more of a ying/yang kind of thing with the logo, where the left "C" and the right "backwards C" were the same size (height-wise), but only offset vertically --- again, kinda like a ying/yang symbol?? (Only with the dot still in the middle.)

I can't place what it is that bugs me about the logo, but it seemed out of balance somehow. My suggestion (above) would make it radially symmetrical, and would fix the balance problem too (if, in fact, that really is a problem). Don't know if that would help, but it was my first thought.

the colours are okay. A bit too retro maybe, but then again that's hip these days and I am not so.

The logo and the banner sort of promise lots of space (with respect to that: I would crop the portrait to show more of the wall instead of the hands; let the eye rest on the central horizontal line instead of pulling it way up to eye level at the right), which the page then does not provide. It is pretty crammed with text. I think a reduction in the amount of text and especially of font types would help make things more quiet. I'd use block text instead of left aligned. Also a bit more empty space would be nice. Try putting the text in a gray tone (or brown?) instead of black. Maybe you can stretch the tabs to fill the entire width of the banner; as it is now, you have THREE horizontal dimensions with the banner/footer, the tabs and then the left/right column in the main area (the white lines in the banner aren't helping there either...). That's too much in my opinion.

so yeah, this is nice, but I found the previous one more balanced

edit: clicking through the tabs, I noticed the "photo" page is less wide than the welcome page.

Edited by couw

I would like photo credits on the "photos" link! :)

Other than than, I dig the site!

m~

Sheldon trying to take credit for my pictures again?

;)

But seriously, I like the changes Jim. Just thought I'd make a relatively more public statement.