Bernie Williams on guitar....

fasstrack

I don't even know why I'm bothering with this. It's not to be mean. it's more like I got snookered. But it didn't cost me anything, so no biggie. Someone, maybe a student's dad, maybe a barfly said he could play. I just took the CD out of the library with Voltaire-like curiosity. I just pulled it out of the player in less than three minutes. I swear I wanted to like it. He actually can play the instrument. He gets a sound and plays pretty damn clean. But taste? Oy vay. Mail this MF a Wes or Charlie Christian or even a Stevie Ray Vaughan or frickin' AL CAIOLLA CD ASAP. Horrible, Star Search-worthy songs. But he is a decent guitarist and that's a start.

Oy vay.

I believe it's 'oy vEy'. I can't help it, I get a little verklempt when people mess with Yinglish.

And I get verklempt when people make shitty CDs with pretentious tunes and titles replete with reverb-saturated vocals that get marketed like they were gold. Oh P.T.....P.T.

I want to study at your feet....