Interesting French Hendrix site

jazzbo

I find this French Hendrix site quite interesting:

http://hendrix.free.fr/

If you are collecting live shows, this site lists the sets by titles played, and may have a ticket image, poster or photograph from the event. Quite handy for the Hendrix fan making his own artwork for live shows!

Lots of interesting photos on the site too, about twenty pages of them, including a number that I have never seen before.

Edited by jazzbo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just noticed that on the Official Hendrix website they have several "bootleg" recordings of complete shows that you can stream for FREE. :excited:

If you click on the "Multimedia" link at the top of the home page and then "Concert Recordings" you will see a list of shows from Madison Square Garden, The Forum, Chicago, Frankfurt and many others. The quality varies from fair to poor, but still a great opportunity to hear some previously unreleased stuff.

Check it out.

While others will disagree, I am SO glad the family(sister) got control of the estate(thanks to the $$$ of a computer billionaire).

All of the Hendrix products I have bought(from Experience Hendrix and Classic Records) have been top quality, approaching works of art. From t-shirts to box sets, they have few peers if you want products you will chearish for a lifetime.

The latest Woodstock box set(vinyl) is just one in a long line of award winning products. Much of the vinyl is back in print. So much for numbered, limited editions that I bought as they were released years ago.

Having never seen him live, the live performances are very, very worthwhile having.