Concord Summer Blowout

mgraham333

Concord Summer Blowout  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Bill Evans box and only three others, Joe Newman/Henry Red Allen, Rex Stewart, and Buddy Tate/Claude Hopkins.

About fifteen years ago a music store in Kansas City put the wrong price sticker on all of their Riverside and Prestige albums and sold them all for $2.98. They knew that it was a mistake but said that they would honor the price while the supply lasted. So I actually picked up almost everything in this sale at that time. No shipping charges either!

Is this still going on and is it through Concord?

Yes, the link is on the first page of the giant thread Are some OJC limited editions going OOP?

Guys, quit speaking in tongues!!! Check the first page of the giant thread??? Oh, that helps. The name 3 people thread? The Funny Rat thread??? :wacko:

Edited by BERIGAN

While I may not be that crazy about the Lerner and Lowe, I really do like the Chets. They sound good too.

I ordered 35 more. . . to replace lps, and K2s I'd never had though I've got the regular editions.

I couldn't help myself! THEY'RE BEING DISCONTINUED!

Darn you guys, I just went over to the Darkside this morning and ordered all the K-2's they had on sale (except for the Chet Barker's, which are terrible) - Ouch!

Chet terrible??

Just don't like the ones offered here, there are other Bakers which I enjoy very much..

And another order for me, as well. Final tally is +/- 120 cds, plus the Coltrane and Evans. Help.

What you need is some additional therapy. Check out the zweitausendeins thread. :g

Oh believe me, I've seen it. I feel a bit like H.I. McDonough driving by convenience stores that weren't on the way home. :g

I haven't bought anything (yet), but I'm thinking about it...

You all are gonna find this hard to believe -- but there were/are only about 5 titles that I'm really buggin' to get. Sure, I could toss another 5 or 10 more in the mix -- but nothin' I'm just dying to hear.

So, which five am I'm thinking about??

Ted Curson -- (plays) Fire Down Below

Teddy Edwards -- Back From Avalon

Don Friedman -- Dreams and Explorations

Dewey Redman -- Musics

Jimmy Woods - Awakening

I suppose there are a bunch of Trane and Monk sides one would argue I probably need. The Dolphy Five Spot disc too (though I'd rather wait and see if they come out with a unified "complete" Dolphy Five Spot set). Spent the better part of 90+ minutes last night going through the sale list A to Z, listening to on-line samples of probably 25 or 30 discs, and looking up a ton of All Music reviews.

Call me fickle -- but I'm just not dying to buy a bunch of discs cuz they're cheap, if they're titles I know I'm not gonna spin all that often.

I haven't bought anything (yet), but I'm thinking about it...

You all are gonna find this hard to believe -- but there were/are only about 5 titles that I'm really buggin' to get. Sure, I could toss another 5 or 10 more in the mix -- but nothin' I'm just dying to hear.

So, which five am I'm thinking about??

Ted Curson -- (plays) Fire Down Below

Teddy Edwards -- Back From Avalon

Don Friedman -- Dreams and Explorations

Dewey Redman -- Musics

Jimmy Woods - Awakening

I suppose there are a bunch of Trane and Monk sides one would argue I probably need. The Dolphy Five Spot disc too (though I'd rather wait and see if they come out with a unified "complete" Dolphy Five Spot set). Spent the better part of 90+ minutes last night going through the sale list A to Z, listening to on-line samples of probably 25 or 30 discs, and looking up a ton of All Music reviews.

Call me fickle -- but I'm just not dying to buy a bunch of discs cuz they're cheap, if they're titles I know I'm not gonna spin all that often.

You aren't fickle, you just need to broaden your horizon. There's a big, wonderful world passing you by. :)

Bet you didn't even look at St Louis Jimmy or Tampa Red. :g