Wish I was in Pentwater, MI tonight

We haven't recorded that tune. Our discs have all originals on them, with the exception of "Tenderly" and "Peaches En Regalia" on our second album. We have sound samples up on our website (www.organissimo.org) on the music page and there are also sound samples on our CDBaby pages (www.cdbaby.com/organissimo and www.cdbaby.com/organissimo2 ). If you have a high-speed internet connection, we have a video up on Youtube of an original tune of ours performed at the Firefly in Ann Arbor. You can watch that at

On this tour, we're playing a lot more standards since Arno is with us. He joins us on a few of our originals that featured tenor on the records (since basically those are the only tunes we have charts for) but otherwise we're playing the classics on this tour.

I'm confused now (as opposed to? :g ). Which of you two knuckleheads is in Root Doctor, or is it both?

"Calling Dr. Moe, Dr. Larry, Dr. Curly. Calling......."

Wooo Wooo Wooo :crazy:

I play organ/keys in Root Doctor as well as being the organist in organissimo. I'm a busy man! GregN is the guitarist in Root Doctor.

I'm confused now (as opposed to? :g ). Which of you two knuckleheads is in Root Doctor, or is it both?

"Calling Dr. Moe, Dr. Larry, Dr. Curly. Calling......."

Wooo Wooo Wooo :crazy:

I play organ/keys in Root Doctor as well as being the organist in organissimo. I'm a busy man! GregN is the guitarist in Root Doctor.

Got it.

One final question, though: Who is Harry Kellerman, and why is he saying all these terrible things about me?

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::excited::excited::g:g:g

Wooooooooo woooooo wooooooo Ooohhh, wiseguy?

Calling Dr. Moe, etc.

SS1, I am playing the new Hammond XK system. All digital. The tonewheels are a thing of the past. :D In all seriousness, it's a wonderful sounding instrument and a joy to play and weighs 300lbs less than a B3.

buy that new or second hand?

does that use the hammond oil?

i see the heaviest thing is the bass pedals @ almost 60 lbs

I bought it new from Hammond Suzuki. I have an endorsement deal with them, but I did not get it for free. I did, however, get a substantial discount. The pedals are probably the heaviest item, but they actually weigh less than standard B3 pedals. The entire organ, with pedals, weighs about 125lbs. but it breaks down into four pieces: The XK-3 keyboard, which is the brains of the whole unit, the XK base, which includes the second manual, the stand for the XK base, and the pedals. It's very easy to setup and like I said, it's a joy to play. I do not miss my B3 at all.

:lol:

We play R&B, Soul, and Blues. Wider demographic appeal, hence the quasi-commerical success (relatively speaking). Probably not a good time to mention that we sell 'em for 15.00 <runs and hides>

At any rate, if you can post those pics here (or have some on a website somewhere), I would love to see them. Especially if you have one of you strangling Scully. ;)

We will be posting pictures of our Scully Tour next week on our Root Doctor site.

Yeah, I saw yiz guys names when I was there. We didn't do anything far out, just tried to sneak some of my tunes in and other things I liked. They didn't hate us but it was obvious that Ellington and standards would go over better, and we love those so shifted and had a ball. Like I said, at Gull's Landing we played for ourselves and still took requests.

I'm too stupid, old, tired, and Jewish to know how to post analog pics on the web. Otherwise I'd be delighted. The one of me on Scully's bike should be in the Hall of Fame (well Shame, anyway). It's going on my CD so I can announce to the public what all my friends know: I'm outta my frickin' gourd.

Root Doctor June 2006 Tour aka Scully Tour

once there scroll down, you might recognize some of the sites. Jim is gonna hate me for posting this...

lol

SS1, I am playing the new Hammond XK system. All digital. The tonewheels are a thing of the past. :D In all seriousness, it's a wonderful sounding instrument and a joy to play and weighs 300lbs less than a B3.

buy that new or second hand?

does that use the hammond oil?

i see the heaviest thing is the bass pedals @ almost 60 lbs

I have to say, that running through a real leslie, this thing sounds amazing!

It is freaky though when Jim uses his module and synth horns jump out of that thing. :)

Ah, it was good to hear from Arno tonight, calling in from the road with his young executive on the line first saying, "Excuse me, is this Lazaro Vega?Mr. Vega would you please hold for one of your number one fans?" Arno sounded great. He heard Blue Lake featuring Paul Gonsalves and mentioned they were buddies. "I first met him while he was playing with Count Basie in 1948." Arno Marsh. A Dutch label has issued some Woody Herman from Arno's second stint with the band.....maybe Randy, er, the young exec could hip us to the details of that one?

Thanks for calling guys! It made the night.

Edited by Lazaro Vega

Cool... I'm glad you found that CD and I hope you can make it to Pentwater Sunday night.. WE ARE HAVING A BALL !!! My dad is playing his ass off! .... And I have never heard Jim & Joe play so inspired !! Seriously, I look forward to every gig on this tour !!! :tup

Good to see Lazaro, Mike Scott and his lovely wife, and board member Big Deal at the gig last night! It was certainly a hot one (temps in the upper 90s) but it was a fantastic end to a great tour. Arno was a little drained by the humidity, so we had the opportunity to play some extended minutes as the trio and pulled out some old gems like "Decoder".

My hands are aching and I have exactly one day off before another string of 6 gigs in five days! This month has been crazy busy, but that's a good thing. Gotta pay off this new rig!

Arno played that sanctified "Sweet Potato Pie" like it was the last days of earth and he was the lone preacher trying to save everyone's soul before the reckoning; and "Brother Ray" with tenor is a blues blast. There are few people left who can play "Yesterdays" with that kind of sound and swing, selling the melody for what it is and gently, with subtlety, improvising on it.

Jim's new organ is happening. Caught Randy doing his Mose Allison. The crowd sure at that up. Grat audience.

Good to meet everyone and finally make the hang in Pentwater. Think I picked up a few new listeners last night, people who casually mentioned, "Boy I wish I could find music like this on the radio."

Arno played that sanctified "Sweet Potato Pie" like it was the last days of earth and he was the lone preacher trying to save everyone's soul before the reckoning; and "Brother Ray" with tenor is a blues blast. There are few people left who can play "Yesterdays" with that kind of sound and swing, selling the melody for what it is and gently, with subtlety, improvising on it.

Jim's new organ is happening. Caught Randy doing his Mose Allison. The crowd sure at that up. Grat audience.

Good to meet everyone and finally make the hang in Pentwater. Think I picked up a few new listeners last night, people who casually mentioned, "Boy I wish I could find music like this on the radio."

It sure was a fun night! :tup

:tup

Which is why I am really hoping that the upcoming live project will include several prime Arno tracks.

Root Doctor June 2006 Tour aka Scully Tour

once there scroll down, you might recognize some of the sites. Jim is gonna hate me for posting this...

lol

I recognize that lady with the paper. BTW It's nice to see Geoge W. to her left on guitar making himself useful. Always new that boy would amount to sumphin' :crazy:

Just added a bunch more pics from that tour. Might be one of Pentwater, got a bunch from Scully's and from Idlewild.

George W??

Oh you should just start practicing falling down NOW (cuz when we meet)

;)

If you are Scully, I love you! Randy, doesn't but I do.

WRONG! .... Scully and I are like brothers and have a few occasional misunderstandings.. We've been friends now 16 years.. He actually invited me to kayak with him and his family next week..

Uh dude...

you forgot my smilie

" :D "

If you are Scully, I love you! Randy, doesn't but I do.

WRONG! .... Scully and I are like brothers and have a few occasional misunderstandings.. We've been friends now 16 years.. He actually invited me to kayak with him and his family next week..

Tell him his favorite Christ-killing guitar player, Joel Fass, said hello.

And put some weight on his end of the kayak. :crazy: