I Wish The NFL Season Would Hurry Up And Begin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titans mascot injures opposing QB

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- New Orleans quarterback Adrian McPherson went to the locker room early in the third quarter after a golf cart ridden by the Titans' mascot hit him at the end of halftime Saturday night.

A Saints spokesman wasn't immediately available for an update on the quarterback, who's heading into his second season.

The mascot was riding on a golf cart and throwing items into the stands during halftime, and was heading off the field when the Saints were returning from their locker room for the third quarter.

The cart hit McPherson, who stayed on the field for a few minutes being checked out by a trainer on the sideline. He then walked off the field.

i wish the bus and cowher would have a real celebrity death match...

:g

Contract extension talks between the Steelers and Cowher have broken off. Looks like "the chin's" final year with the Steelers. The players will no longer need to bring towels to practice in order to wipe the spit off their helmets. :g

Whisenhunt to be next year's coach?

doesn't fuckin' parcells know TO will let HIM know, when he's ready to play

:)

I wasn't happy about the Cowboys signing TO to start with, and with all this stuff going on....hmmm. The thing that's tough for Cowboys fans (IMO) is that we're used to Jason Witten breaking his jaw, getting it wired up, and playing (not to mention practicing) that way. We're used to Keith Davis practicing and playing with a bullet in his leg currently. Marcus Spears just recently had surgery, and is already at 90%, and eager to get on the field. Should be a starter by the time the regular season rolls around.

T.O. suddenly discovered this "injury" during training camp, that apparently happened without him informing anyone after the play. He just stopped practicing. MRI's came back negative, and he's the only one that says he's hurt.

Personally, I think he's not really hurt, he just hasn't played football in so long, his body hadn't gotten used to it. And instead of working through it, he's chosen to claim an injury that's really not an injury. Problem is, he's hurting the Cowboys by not getting reps, not getting synergy with Bledsoe. A result of that may be that he doesn't perform as well as he has in the past, ever.

Another Cowboys note - Parcells said Drew Henson is no longer "with" the team. So another former baseball player/QB (like Quincy Carter & Chad Hutchinson) experiment has apparently come and gone. I don't think the guy got a fair shake with the Cowboys, but hopefully he'll do better wherever he ends up.

Edited by Aggie87

The Patriots just gave disgruntled WR Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs.

Wow. That's about all I can think of. The Patriots are hurtin' at WR and they offer to let their #1 walk? Knowing this front office, it's a ploy to get him to come down on his offer.

Kevin

we held our fantasy football draft last night

this is what i got

my team (5th pick in the draft)

qb - colts team qb(1)

qb - washington team qb (13)

rb - brian westbrook (2)

rb - ruben droughns (3)

rb - dashaun foster (4)

rb - chris brown (14)

wr - jevon walker (5)

wr - jeremy shockey (7)

wr - terry glenn (8)

wr - jason witten (11)

k - shane graham (9)

k - john kasey (12)

d - chicago (6)

d - atlanta (10)

ir- mike anderson (15)

my other team which i have 50% "invested" (4th pick in the draft)

qb - pats team qb (3)

qb - atlanta team qb (10)

rb - tiki barber (1)

rb - willis maghee(2)

rb - corey dillion (4)

rb - lawrence marooney (14) my pick for my boy conn500

wr - hines ward (5)

wr - joey galloway (6)

wr - andre johnson (9)

wr - lee evans (11)

k - josh brown (8)

k - jeff wilkens (13)

d - indy(7)

d - miami (12)

ir - marion barber III (15)

Edited by Soulstation1

Hate to say it, but aside from the qb pick, and your two defences, the pick where you are 100% vested is weaker than the second team where you are 50% vested.

Great pick of Tom Brady. I believe he will have the best quarterback numbers this year (excepting Peyton Manning).

Also, the Maroney pick is gonna make you $$$$$. He will get most of the carries, I think. He has basically beaten out Corey Dillon as a starter. Expect lots of points from the NE offense this year.

Raiders sign Jeff George!

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders signed Jeff George to a contract Monday, bringing back a player who hasn't thrown an NFL pass in five seasons.

George, the No. 1 overall pick by Indianapolis in 1990, joined the team in time for Monday's afternoon practice. He previously played for the Raiders in 1997-98, starting 23 games and throwing 33 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

It is not immediately clear what his role will be on the Raiders, who already have Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter and Marques Tuiasosopo on the roster.

George played with the Colts from 1990-93. He was in Atlanta from 1994-96, then spent two seasons with Oakland and one with Minnesota before joining the Redskins in 2000, first as a backup. He was signed by Seattle as insurance midway through the 2002 season, but didn't play. Chicago signed him late in the 2004 season, but he never played for the Bears either.

George, known for his strong arm and clashes with coaches, has a 46-78 career record as a starter and has never lasted longer than four years with any one team.

George hasn't played since 2001, when he was cut after two games with the Redskins. In his last two games with Washington, George had a quarterback rating of 34.6, completing 23 of 42 passes with three interceptions.

In his next-to-last game with Washington, he and coach Marty Schottenheimer had an animated sideline discussion after George committed four turnovers and was removed from the game.

George also had a sideline argument with coach June Jones when he was with the Atlanta Falcons in 1996, and the team suspended him and then cut him.

George played well his first season in Oakland, throwing for 3,917 yards and 29 touchdowns in 1997. He struggled with injuries the following season, starting only seven games, and was replaced the following season by Rich Gannon, who was a better fit in coach Jon Gruden's West Coast offense.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Dust off Todd Marijuanovich.

Big vote of confidence for Aaron Brooks. He looked good on those two TD passes to Moss, at least.

Anyone see how poised Matt Leinart looked for the Cards? The Raiders should have drafted that guy. Instead...Jeff George? Good grief.