who SHOULD OF that guy sold Fantasy to

i forgot this dudes name, but did he really have 2 sell it to concord for 80 million. couldnt he have passed it on to someone worthy of it who would not of screwed it all up. who would you have wanted to carry it on. maybe that chick you guys mentioned? what a greedy bastard. what does a 70 yr old man need w/ 80 million anyway. i hope he chokes on it. the fanasy cateloge is basically an american treasure. he should of passed it down with the utmost consideration in who will be in charge. this is nutz. i bet even BLUE NOTE would do a better job!

Saul Zaentz sold Fantasy to the highest bidder, regardless how any jazz fan might feel about it. It is hard to fault a businessman for that. From what I heard within the industry, Carl Jefferson's widow probably didn't get as much as she could have for Concord when she sold it.

If anyone wanted to be sure to preserve their recorded treasures, he could always have chosen to set up a foundation to perpetuate the music, like George Buck has done in New Orleans. But their is a huge difference between being a businessman and a sort of jazz philanthropist. Jazz impressario Norman Granz sold both Verve and Pablo (the latter label to Fantasy), so even the wealthy American expatriate living in Switzerland had other things on his mind rather than preserving the vast output of jazz sessions that he produced from the mid-1940s through the mid-1980s.

Edited by Ken Dryden

"Should HAVE", hang it all! :rmad:;)

And Fogerty, of course...

e71053ityfd.jpg

It's common knowledge that Fogarty has retroactively changed the spelling of his name in order to invalidate his previous contacts.

Just how "important" can one dude imagine himself?

I do understand "bucks is bucks" but give me a break. Without Fantasy he'd be working a bar tonight. :lol:

e71053ityfd.jpg

It's common knowledge that Fogarty has retroactively changed the spelling of his name in order to invalidate his previous contacts.

Just how "important" can one dude imagine himself?

I do understand "bucks is bucks" but give me a break. Without Fantasy he'd be working a bar tonight. :lol:

But Zaentz royally screwed Fogerty.

i dont care what u guys think this saul guy is a dick. heres some old man w/ little time left and he has to sell fantasy for 90 million to the higest bidder. and hes no warren buffett giving it to charity. i hope he chokes on all his millions. i guarentee you guys we wont see the full prestige catelogue reissued until concord gets tired of it and sells it again.

e71053ityfd.jpg

Well, the knowledge might not be so common as you suggest - there's nothing about it in wikipedia or on AMG (for what that's worth...), or even on Fogerty's website.

e71053ityfd.jpg

Well, the knowledge might not be so common as you suggest - there's nothing about it in wikipedia or on AMG (for what that's worth...), or even on Fogerty's website.

I think that's because Jim was taking his clumsy fingers and making a joke, and that is not the approach that Fogerty took in his lengthy court battles.

i dont care what u guys think this saul guy is a dick. heres some old man w/ little time left and he has to sell fantasy for 90 million to the higest bidder. and hes no warren buffett giving it to charity. i hope he chokes on all his millions. i guarentee you guys we wont see the full prestige catelogue reissued until concord gets tired of it and sells it again.

actually it sounds like complete rubbish ( I will use a clean word) if you ask me. No disrespect intended and all that.

Surely an example of a going concern having gone.

Nothing more.

Better than some firms I am more than sure :mellow:

e71053ityfd.jpg

I think that's because Jim was taking his clumsy fingers and making a joke, (...)

Very, very funny.

e71053ityfd.jpg

I think that's because Jim was taking his clumsy fingers and making a joke, and that is not the approach that Fogerty took in his lengthy court battles.

You naled, it Dan.