OJC, Riverside, Fantasy,BN LP reissues...

ASNL77

A few months ago, I bought myself a turntable to rediscover the world of vinyl. I have recently acquired quite a few Mosaic sets and I'd like now to buy a few albums either on Ebay or on the True Blue Mosaic website. Yet, I don't want to go for some bad quality LPs and I am not quite sure where to start....

Are the Riverside reissues (the Sonny Rollins sessions for exemple) that True Blue sell any good? (they are so cheap!! $10.98) What about the Fantasy and the OJCs?

Another question: What is the best place to buy some BN King LPs in the UK or in Europe?

Thanks. :w

Edited by ASNL77

Yes, I'll heartedly second the recommendation of Hiroshi's store. His LPs are usually in magnificent condition - even better than new ! :)

It's a slippery slope - first Mosaic LPs, then King reissues, then Lexington deep groove Blue Notes..

Edited by sidewinder

I can support the recommendation.

Early Records have been very good with me over the years and very reliable.

As far as England goes..........(sharp intake of breath ) Manchester used to have Decoy records but they are I think gone now........Vinyl Experience .....good ish for 2nd hand.....King bee ( in Manchester) where I flogged loads of my old OJCs but years ago.

Birmingham used to have a jazz shop .....cannot remember the name that did good japanese reissues but we are talking 10 years ago??

Soul Brother Records did mail order.....but a little pricy...

Ebay wiped a few of em out as they were all a little pricey

I thought Zweitausendeins (german mail order) did ojc lps but I might be worng.....(frequently am!)

Go with the ones from True Blue or Fantasy direct....or concord whoever has em now

Failing that.....its ebay

As for Blue Notes......well.....that would be telling :rolleyes:

The OJCs are usually just great. I have no problem giving you the go-ahead on those.

The cheap Blue Notes aren't quite as reliable; but aren't bad at all. They ain't like the originals, but they're usually better than the current cds. I have received several warped ones, luckily from dealers who let me return them.