Southern San Andreas fault waiting to explode

Saw that report and others this morning. Very concerned as I live in San Bernardino near the fault line. Mostly I figure my time is up if it happens. Just plain too close to line. New home, new code sanctions when built but might not help at all if this one blows.

FYI

Saw that report and others this morning. Very concerned as I live in San Bernardino near the fault line. Mostly I figure my time is up if it happens. Just plain too close to line. New home, new code sanctions when built but might not help at all if this one blows.

FYI

I was living in Redlands the year the 7.1 & 6.9 quakes hit. Come to think of it, I was also in Berkeley when the "World Series Quake" hit. Come to think of it, you better stay away from me......

I was living in Redlands the year the 7.1 & 6.9 quakes hit. Come to think of it, I was also in Berkeley when the "World Series Quake" hit. Come to think of it, you better stay away from me......

The '89 quake is a really vivid memory for me. I also remember a '99 quake that was way out in the SE California desert but shook my place in San Diego quite a bit -- it was late at night.

My parents live pretty close to the Hayward Fault, which is also expected to have a "big one" in the near geological future.

Guy

I happened to see the '89 quake on TV (big deal, right? Since it was during the World Series EVERYBODY saw it on TV). In my case, however, that was the only part of the World Series I happened to see! I was over at a guy's house watching "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" on VHS. When the movie ended, we happened to switch over to the World Series to see the score. No sooner did we tune in when...BOOM!