Jackie McLean

Tom 1960

has anyone mentioned the Steeplechase "live" stuff that Jackie recorded (Das Dat, Parker's Mood) - to me this is the best Jackie ever - very modern sounding, unselfconscious - I also have an LP recorded in the 1960s at the Left Bank Society - has this been reissued elsewhere or at all? Not great sound but amazing Jackie -

Edited by AllenLowe

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update. I received Consequence in the mail today from Yourmusic.com and right now this is my favorite Jackie release. You just can't go wrong with the combo of McLean/Morgan. This thing smokes. Thanks to all who recommended this one. :tup

I agree. To me this is the best Morgan/McLean album there is. Far superior to Leeway.

• 11 months later...

Blue Note jumbled up the typewritten pages of the notes I wrote for the LP issue of this back in 1979, and apparently the CD retains the original incoherent jumble. This came up here a ways back, and I explained how to un-jumble things; if that post can't be found and anyone cares, I'll try again.

As I did care, I looked for the post and found it here (if anyone cares... :) ):

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=420461