From The Milt Jackson Discography Page....

Son-of-a-Weizen

Milt Jackson - That's the Way It Is (Impulse AS 9189)

Teddy Edwards (ts) Milt Jackson (vib) Monty Alexander (p) Ray Brown (b) Dick Berk (d)

"Shelly's Manne-Hole", Hollywood, CA, August 1 & 2, 1969

Frankie and Johnny

Here's That Rainy Day

Wheelin' and Dealin'

Blues in the Bassment

Tenderly

That's the Way It Is

Milt Jackson, Ray Brown - Just the Way It Had to Be (Impulse AS 9230)

same session

Listen, Hear

S.K.J

Who Can I Turn To?

If I Were a Bell

The Very Thought of You

Bags' Groove

After finally managing to track down a Japanese copy of 'That's The Way It Is,' (MVCZ-78) I'm wondering if that other Impulse companion volume has also made it to cd? Anyone know? The first one is really great. Too bad they didn't release them both as a double cd.

Milt Jackson - That's the Way It Is (Impulse AS 9189)

Teddy Edwards (ts) Milt Jackson (vib) Monty Alexander (p) Ray Brown (b) Dick Berk (d)

Frankie and Johnny

Here's That Rainy Day

Wheelin' and Dealin'

Blues in the Bassment

Tenderly

That's the Way It Is

Milt Jackson, Ray Brown - Just the Way It Had to Be (Impulse AS 9230)

same session

Listen, Hear

S.K.J

Who Can I Turn To?

If I Were a Bell

The Very Thought of You

Bags' Groove

After finally managing to track down a Japanese copy of 'That's The Way It Is,' (MVCZ-78) I'm wondering if that other Impulse companion volume has also made it to cd? Anyone know? The first one is really great. Too bad they didn't release them both as a double cd.

I was lucky to snag a copy of That's The Way It Is when it was issued domestically, way back when. Don't think that the second LP has seen CD release; I found it Mint for something like $15. Can't remember if it was ebay or at a store but I haven't seen any other copy since. Excellent music, that's for sure.

Hey, thanks Dan. After reading your post I went hunting and found an LP copy. Not quite the bargain that you got.....but worth it to me based on the other Manne-hole tracks I've heard. Looks like I just ate up my budget for the new Conns. Oh, well. :rsmile:

Always hunt at Euclid Records first! It's $9.99 there... well, it was until I bought it. :)

Thanks for the heads up on these dates. I'm looking forward to hearing them myself. I love Teddy Edwards from this vintage.

Never heard of netsoundsmusic. How's their "VG" grade? Euclid's grading has been very good. I have always gotten what they say. I picked up some nice Bee Hive LPs from Euclid.

BTW, when I ordered these two Milt Jackson Impulse! LPs, I also ordered a Lew Tabackin disc called "Tabackin" (Inner City) and a sealed copy of "Xanadu Live At Montreux Vol. 4". All for less than $40, including shipping. :)

Kevin

Never heard of netsoundsmusic. How's their "VG" grade?
Don't know really. Just noticed them and a couple of other places that have it a

pretty reasonable price. Notice too the F (fair?) rating for the cover.

I'm usually looking for the cheap (within reason) and then I can just clean it up if it's a little noisy.

Here's an ebay listing: $15