Gianluca Petrella - Indigo4

Ed S

I spotted this release while I was ordering the latest batch of Capitol/PJ releases last week. Thought I'd check it out as I've heard a bunch of other BN releases of European artists and have always been pleased. This one does not disappoint (me). One of the more interesting BN releases of contemporary musicians in a while, IMO. The trombone, electronica, Monk, Ellington and original compositions. All very interesting.

• 2 years later...

Approaching Petrella's Blue Note Indigo4 CDs in reverse I order I recently got....

5099951608323.jpg

Kaleido from 2007. I'm sure it was recommended by someone here but I can't remember who or where. I've order his earlier BN effort and will hopefully get it shortly. Good to see the Italian arm of BN still releasing challenging new releases.

I love that record, fun record and he is one hell of a player. Agree great mix of Elginton, Monk, Advent and electronica. I picked it up after hearing him with Rava. For those that find the Rava Quintet not upbeat enough will love this.

Kalideo is not available in the states yet.