Sports: Sports Cards and Other Cardboard Cards

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7a_12.JPG

About a month ago, I received a high end baseball memorabilia catalog in the mail. Among the items being auctioned was a PSA 10 of the card you see here, the Topps 1957 Mickey Mantle. It's the only known 10 in the world. Bidding started at $20,000!!! Holy schnikie, Batman.

Up over and out.

40129969.jpg

another fav card of mine

Almost all (or maybe all) of the Yankee starters got action shots in that set, so Mickey Rivers, White, Reggie, Nettles, & Dent (to name a few) have good looking cards too. I ended up getting all but Munson's card (of the Yankees) as a kid and about 10 years ago added Thurman. Gotta have the Captain!

My brother and I had more '59's than any other series, but my flat out favorite is 1957. Full body action shots on most cards with the least intrusive "identificationing" of any card I can recall save maybe some early '50's Bowmans. My least favorite was the Topps 1962's, the cards that were framed in brown with a faus peel-back reveal in the bottom right hand corner. Ugly or what?

Up over and out.

Clemente73Topps2.jpg

This is one of my all time favorite baseball cards.

The '73 Topps is the first year I bought cards. For about 3 seconds I thought I had a Clemente when I opened a pack and saw this card:

17933.jpg

"Wait a sec, the uniform number isn't right...ah darn it."

I made a point of getting the Clemente pictured (higher) above when I became a big kid. I think I traded a bunch of '75 football cards for some '60s & '70s baseball cards.