New Reptet Release, 'Do This!' available May 30th

Johnny E

Announcing the release of Reptet’s new CD entitled

Do This!

REPTET - Do Thsi!

Street date: May 30th, 2006

Catalog #: MCMC4

Here’s The Deal:

Do This! is the fourth release by the Monktail Records label and features the Reptet sextet, a genre bending collection of Seattle’s most irrepressible jazz rebels. Recorded by Scott Colburn at Gravelvoice Studios (Death Cab for Cutie, Degenerate Art Ensemble, Mudhoney), Do This! is a bold and groundbreaking statement of acute originality that simultaneously propels the listener into realms of manic joy and subtle rumination. Produced by Reptet and featuring the posthumous cover art of legendary jazz illustrator Jim Flora – the first in over 45 years!

"A hot progressive combo of Seattle's best young players... Their music is intense, taut, and fresh, as their growing fan base will attest." ~Earshot Jazz~

Here’s The Band:

Samantha Boshnack – trumpet, slide trumpet, flugelhorn·

Ben O’Shea - trombone·

Tobi Stone – baritone, tenor and alto sax, clarinet·

Izaak Mills – alto and tenor sax, bass clarinet, flute·

Ben Verdier - bass·

John Ewing – drums and percussion

Here’s The Music:

1. Zeppo (6:55)

2. Bad Reed Blues (5:35)

3. Ro (5:36)

4. Harpo (9:18)

5. Chico (9:38)

6. Groucho (6:06)

7. Mumia’s Lament (3:52)

8. Little Caesar (6:55)

9. H.R. (7:06)

10. Do This! (7:09)

Total time: 68:10

• 2 weeks later...

"Reptet has engaged both the history of jazz styles and the art form's constant quest for innovation. Do This! is one of the most convincing albums of the last several years from Seattle jazz players." ~Earshot Jazz~

On sale now:

reptet.com (all $ goes to us)

CDBaby (middlemen involved)

Amazon (bigger middlemen involved)

Any CD that has all four Marx Bros. names as song titles must have a good sense of humor about it!

Listening to clips at CD Baby right now; very nice! Not near as "out" as I thought it might be. Very melodic in some spots! I think I may have to scrounge some pennies together for this!

Is the first record anything like this one? That 2-for-20 deal looks real nice!

Any CD that has all four Marx Bros. names as song titles must have a good sense of humor about it!

Mumia was a Marx brother?

Actually, he was --- but after he veered way off script during an afternoon studio shoot and started shouting:

"I shot the mother-f***** and I hope the mother-f***** dies," three witnesses say he bragged.

"I'm glad. If you let me go, I'll kill all of you cops," he screamed at a local hospital," they quickly gave him the boot and brought in a replacement.

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

• 4 months later...

Up, 'cause I'm diggin' the hell out of this record!

But, don't just take my word for it -- Kenny Weir nails it: "Do This! is one of those magic albums that forges a wonderful path between more free/outside jazz and more mainstream post-bop/hard-bop fare. The album really swing and grooves, but in a way quite different from yer typical post-bop outings."

Exactly! :g:cool::tup

Big Al... ya got this one yet??

Up, 'cause I'm diggin' the hell out of this record!

But, don't just take my word for it -- Kenny Weir nails it: "Do This! is one of those magic albums that forges a wonderful path between more free/outside jazz and more mainstream post-bop/hard-bop fare. The album really swing and grooves, but in a way quite different from yer typical post-bop outings."

Exactly! :g:cool::tup

Big Al... ya got this one yet??

Uhhhhhh...... :unsure::winky: