JJJ is gone!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Noj.......MAJOR mistake. This set sux! You just blew a hundred (and whatever) dollars - never to be seen again.

You might as well use those new disks for beer coasters.

That's OK Buzzzz, I'll just rip myself copies of the discs and then put the set up on ebay. CDRs, baby! :crazy:

Hey, Noj.......MAJOR mistake. This set sux! You just blew a hundred (and whatever) dollars - never to be seen again.

You might as well use those new disks for beer coasters.

That's OK Buzzzz, I'll just rip myself copies of the discs and then put the set up on ebay. CDRs, baby! :crazy:

Hey........good thinkin'! You don't need that booklet anywayzzzzz. :wacko:

For the record a couple of tracks appeared on a UK Affinity lp, both alternates, which are not on this set.

I'm told the two tracks which appeared on Affinity AFF 177, titled Overdive (issued in 1987) and omitted from the Mosaic box are.

Cube Steak (3.32) and Chasin' The Bird (5.31) from 25/27 July 1956.

The Mosaic timings ( 3:41 & 4:40 respectively ) are different , but the online Bobby Jaspar and Tommy Flanagan discographies don't list these alternate takes ; has anyone on this board done an A/B ear-test ??

• 4 months later...

i really like the jjj and trios material on discs 4 and 5

really nice

Not being a person who knows much about the trombone or brass instruments in general, I'm guessing that this is a pretty difficult format for a trombonist to hold together. Haven't heard much music in a trombone + trio context, but I also really enjoy these sessions from J.J. His soloing to these ears is almost always very interesting, and the trios backing him play at a consistantly high level.