What are these things?

Yesterday, I took my camera across the street into Central Park. We have a very nice lake and people were sunbathing, but the oddest sight was this:

ParkPods.jpg

What are these things? It looks like little people enjoying the lake view. At first I thought they were tree stumps, but the shape is all wrong for that--anyone have an idea?

Yesterday, I took my camera across the street into Central Park. We have a very nice lake and people were sunbathing, but the oddest sight was this:

ParkPods.jpg

What are these things? It looks like little people enjoying the lake view. At first I thought they were tree stumps, but the shape is all wrong for that--anyone have an idea?

It's George Bush.

He's beginning to haunt you.

Does the water level of the lake often rise to or over where these stumps are? Because water "erosion" will round 'em off like that.

You see it all the time on the shores and banks of lakes and rivers around here, where spring rains often cause water leves to rise and then fall back to normal several times per season. Over the years, they get rounded off like that.