Still Available: That Devilin Tune: $50 shipped.

This just in:

"I am truly astonished. When I first heard Lowe’s previous collection, American Pop from Minstrel to Mojo I thought that it was the finest body of American pop music that I’d ever heard – both in terms of sound quality and choice of music. But now he’s exceeded himself. This new collection is even richer and sounds even better. I know that I’m parroting Francis Davis but he’s right: he has “forced us to rethink everything we ‘know” about jazz” - but I’ll add that he's also forced us to question what we know about pop, country, and the blues as well. He has historicized pop music brilliantly…and the fact that he did it, and not one of the “big” recording companies who are sitting on treasures of American music, is all the more astonishing. This collection should be in every household, or at the least in every library and school. Bravo! Encore!”

-John Szwed

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to post my apolgies fort the lateness of shipping the last few orders, which all went out this weekend - I had a bit of a personal tragedy this last week, and on top of a new job and schedule, things have been a little difficult - everything is on its way -