Still Available: That Devilin Tune: $50 shipped.

9 CD set, history of jazz 1895-1927 with the text from my book that covers those years -

get 'em while I still have copies, before they become $500 on ebay -

paypal preferred - email me at alowe@maine.rr.com - which is also my paypal address -

"the secret is out - buy this set"

-Karl Rove

• 3 weeks later...

I stood on the edge when Allenlowe made interesting offers on that one. But when I saw the box in one of the record shops here I bought it on impulse!

The selection is absolutely first-class and brought new insights on the early stages of the music we love.

I usually don't disagree with my friend, Harold, but "likely" does not apply here--you simply won't find many of these performances anywhere else. And Brownie is right, this is an ear-opener for anyone who thought it all started with a fabled cylinder and the ODJB sides. And let us not forget the accompanying text from Allen's book--this is a perfect meld of words and warbles.

well, it's true, I was not the first to gather this material and I will say I stood on ths shoulders of some giants like John RT Davies - not to mention people like Chris Albertson or Chuck Nessa who have shown us repeatedly how to not only understand jazz history but also how to present it -

just to bug Dan Gould, I am going to bump this up - buy one or I'll hold my breath until my face turns blue - and than you'll be sorry -

NO Allen this is a fine use of "bump" - when you're selling something and still have copies to sell and its been 15 days AND NOT TWO HOURS, bumping is perfectly reasonable.

For your edification, I posted elsewhere when bumps DON'T scream "LOOK AT ME":

When you bump up old, interesting threads that people may have missed or not been here for (Like, say, the thread with your totally ridiculous ripping of Dexter Gordon - go bump that if you feel like bumping.)

When someone is selling something and has more to offer or more left in stock after the initial response.

Edited by Dan Gould

I finally got around to listen to this set properly and I am enjoying it. I do like "old" music, but there are a few things that have to be heard to be believed, like the drummer* on Gus Haenschen's "Sunset Medley" (CD2, track 15), and that was recorded in 1916!

Great set :tup

F

* Edit: J. T. Schiffer is the drummer.

Edited by Fer Urbina

I finally got around to listen to this set properly and I am enjoying it. I do like "old" music, but there are a few things that have to be heard to be believed, like the drummer* on Gus Haenschen's "Sunset Medley" (CD2, track 15), and that was recorded in 1916!

Great set :tup

F

* Edit: J. T. Schiffer is the drummer.

YEAH !

He caught my attention too !

Offer it to him draped in an American flag--or just give him the free flag pin offer and tell him you'll throw in a NeoCondi Rice button. Tell him that not purchasing this set of very American music is tantamount to turning one's back on our country--it could even, albeit somewhat circuitously, be construed as embracing terrorism. Living in D.C. and being so closely connected to the regime, I would be afraid not to own this set of Aural Americana--very afraid.