Do You Dance?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to dance more often, but the music that inspires me is too sophisticated, rhythmically, for most of the girls ......

Now there's a great excuse! I got to memorize this one! :g

No excuse, the awful truth ...... Saturday night one - a music therapist - paid me a big compliment, saying I was right on the beat all the time. Seems they feel intimidated. I dunno.

I'd love to dance more often, but the music that inspires me is too sophisticated, rhythmically, for most of the girls ......

Youssou N'dour says that white people can't dance to Mbalax because it's rhythmically too sophisticated for them; like 4/4 and 6/8 simultaneously with an accent on the 7th beat of each alternate bar! He's wrong, but you really need to feel like it!

MG

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg

Youssou N'dour says that white people can't dance to Mbalax because it's rhythmically too sophisticated for them; like 4/4 and 6/8 simultaneously with an accent on the 7th beat of each alternate bar! He's wrong, but you really need to feel like it!

MG

I remember my wife being complimented on her moves by the guys from Bikutsi band Les Tetes Brulees after one of their shows ... made her decade! Most of the other "white wimmen", dressed in souvenir afro garb, moved as if the fly-machine had too much weight on it.

I do wish I could dance like her.

i love to dance, always did :)

because my sister is 5 years older than me i started to go to nightclubs with 11 years old and those were the glorious days of disco and funk music so between 11PM-5AM nobody could stop me

Salsa is not a popular music in Brazil (far from being known by the way) but i'm among a very few dedicated people who keeps the flame alive so on wednesdays and fridays you can count that i'm shaking my bones

being a brazilian, of course Samba is on the menu specially on the annual parade but even jazz makes me dance :) i can't hear Moanin' and keep my body quiet

i wouldn't qualify what i do listening to Prince in live concerts as a dance...it is most like a wild performance specially at the shower :g

Marcus

I won't dance.

Don't ask me.

But Chuck, when you dance, you're charming and you're gentle.

Especially when you do the Continental.

But this feeling isn't purely mental

For heaven rest us, I'm not asbestos

And that's why i won't dance, why sould I?

Fair enough. Merci beaucoup!

Not to derail my own thread, but that reminds me - how the hell did French Lick, Indiana get their name?

Or is that something I don't want to know? :g

From early French explorers ... named for the salt licks from the mineral springs found in the area.

We Hoosiers just love the double entendre... ^_^

Wish I did -_-

Brownie... you don't need to dance; you speak French.

You win the 'hot guy' award by that alone...

:)

"Dang"!

That's French in Indiana isn't it? :)

OK Chuck, won't ask for a dance when we meet -_-

Rachel, a gentlemanly lick to you :winky: No double entendre :)

I think I related this story once before, on another thread:

I was at a Michael Brecker clinic in the mid-'80s. He had recently started his fairly brief tenure on the Saturday Night Live Band, and someone asked him how he liked that gig. He replied by telling us that, since he always felt self-conscious about being a tall, skinny, pale white guy, the two things that make him the most uncomfortable are dancing in public, and wearing a bathing suit in public. His first week on the show, Eddie Murphy did the "James Brown Hot-tub Party" bit, and there was Brecker having to dance in a bathing suit on national TV! :lol: