Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

The scheduling for the Spurs/Mavs series has been strange from the start. Seems like they should have had Game 1 on Monday instead of Sunday, giving the Spurs a little more than 36 hrs rest from their previous road game. And Game 2 should have been Wednesday, then moving to Saturday for Game 3 in Dallas.

I think the injuries and exhaustion (and a determined and ready Maverick team for that matter) caught up to the Spurs in Game 2. Hopefully Game 3 sees a better, more evenly matched game.

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest akanalog

i wonder if chris paul will knock anyone off of this PG list.

i wasn't a big fan of him in college, but his rookie stats are pretty insane.

Guest akanalog

speaking of which, if the hawks had taken paul instead of marvin williams i wonder if they could have made some noise in this eastern conference. i suspect they would be just as good if not better than the cavs or wizards.

At least they got #1 right. I'd question ranking a PG with no titles above those who led their respective teams to victory. All on the list are/were great...it's all subjective. Cousy's highlights have never wowed me that much. Might put Tiny over Kidd...

I don't like Vince Carter's game. He's talented as hell, but too much of a ball hog. His turnovers near the end probably cost the Nets the game. And he takes too many bad shots, even if he's better at shooting them than almost anyone else in the league.

Guy

Edited by Guy

I don't like Vince Carter's game. He's talented as hell, but too much of a ball hog. His turnovers near the end probably cost the Nets the game. And he takes too many bad shots, even if he's better at shooting them than almost anyone else in the league.

Guy

Speaking of turnovers, what about Cutino Mobley always giving up the ball late in the game for the Clippers. Everyone on the planet knows that the Clippers have to "slow" the game pace down to win against Phoenix and yet, he goes charging up the court, loses the ball or takes an ill advised long shots with nobody under the basket. Damn :angry:

Coach Dunleavy seems to be still learning who to have in game near end at crucial moments.

It would seem the guys that obtained the lead for the Clippers late in the game are the same guys who should be finishing the game. Clippers could be up 2-1

:angry:

Cassell is the only one who can lead them through a 4th quarter playoff game, not Livingston. However, Livingston is a great complement to Cassell playing together. Mobley probably should not handle the ball late in the 4th, just shoot.

CAVS put one on the Pistons today. I don't usually say much about the refs, but today, damn, they were in the CAVS corner. LB made sure about the game anyway. :(

Caught a glimpse of someone (only saw last name) named Francis on the sports wire at the bottom of the ESPN screen at the end of the game, shot and killed in Louisiana or Florida or something. Anybody see this or know anything about it??

Dallas up 2-1 on the Champs. Not sure who I am rooting for in this series, because I am not sure who will be easier for the Pistons to beat in the finals. With Manu sucking so hard, I might actually have to pull for the Spurs. It would be nice to get a rematch too. Probably a few more seasons of Spurs-Pistons finals after this one too. Should be fun.

:bwallace:

a usc freshman point guard was shot and killed

how in the hell did the cavs comeback vs pistons?

19 year old out at 3 a.m. gets shot riding with someone who was already shot at a week prior. His last name was Francis, I had previously thought it was about Steve Francis, pro guard.

Good question, regardless of LBJ, Pistons should have spanked their asses, instead they turned butt up for their own ass kicking. LBJ gets triple double to add to insult.

The Pistons came out with absolutely no energy. I could tell they were going to lose that game before the 1st quarter was even halfway through. They'll spank the Cavs the next two games.

I agree with the no energy observation. They seemed to be waiting until it was "necessary" to switch that button, AND IT DID NOT WORK. I thought they learned their lesson last year. MAYBE they just want to win it at home in game 5????

:bwallace: :bwallace2: :bwallace:

Edited by BruceW