Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what was with Pat Riley employing the "Hack-a-Ben" with 2:30 to go and the Heat up by 9?!? LAME, is what it was.

Comon guys, you can figure it out, it isn't that hard. The ploy Riley was using was to keep the ball out of the Pistons guards hands and reduce the time the Pistons would have the ball late in the game, thus really protecting the Heat lead. 2+2 duh! Lame or not, that was slick and I am for the Pistons.

i was just really worried last night, cuz when the cavs were up on the pistons

ALL THE PISTONS' FANS DISAPPEARED

No, here we are and the only thing I am upset about is that the Pistons did not get an extra day off after the 7 game series. They will have to bounce back Thursday before they get an extra day off to recuperate. If they don't, it is over.

:bwallace: :bwallace2:

Edited by BruceW

I wouldn't stick a fork in these Pistons if they were down 0-3. Seriously.

Noj, you are right again. Given serious thought, a person can never count out the Pistons until the fat lady sings.

i call it the the Hack A Fro

where was sheed last night?

Very good SS1. :D

Sheed must still be having problems with foot (and not talking about it)? :eye:

maybe big ben should get off his cell phone and practice some free throws...

:g

Hell, I agree with that. There is no reason for a professional player to shoot so badly. :(

One thing I've learned about free throws is that there is a smoothness required in the mechanics. One must smoothly go through the shooting motion, without any hitches and at a consistent speed through the release. Recognizing the speed with which one wants the motion to be completed with is key. Keeping the elbow at the most effective angle is also key. I notice that both Shaq and Ben think they can get away with flicking the ball in with a very stiff, short motion which doesn't involve the knees. This is a mistake because failing to involve the entire body on a shot hinders the ability to control the speed of the motion, to control the smoothness of the mechanics, and to control the angle of the elbow on the release. Those are the necessary components for developing "soft touch."

Well that pretty much wraps up the Pistons championship.

Thanks Mavs!

This is a silly thing to say.

Aside from last nights Miami Pistons games I havent been able to watch any games. :( Anybody have a clue about how to generate apostrophes on South American keyboards? ;)

Guy

Edited by Guy

Is a San Antonio hangover comparable to Montezuma's Revenge?

Avery's going to have to show me is really does know how to make adjustments now. Kenny Smith nailed it in the pre-game yakfest: the Suns' pick-and-roll just killed the Mavs. (No Howard hurt muchly too).

But I'm not worried...

:wgraveyard.gif

Bell's Injury Dampens Celebration

"Suns guard Raja Bell is 'very doubtful' for Friday's Game 2 after straining his left calf muscle going for a rebound midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday," writes Paul Coro of THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC. "The Suns' medical staff said Bell will have to be analyzed today for swelling and soreness to think about whether he can even play in Sunday's Game 3. 'I thought a fan had thrown something at me and felt a pain,' he said. 'I tried to get up and it wouldn't let me get up.' The sudden burning pain became stiffness and soreness after the game as Bell became uncomfortable just standing in front of his locker."

Let's hope he and Josh Howard will return sooner rather than later.

WTF

Flash says Rip is barking at him.......

seemed like both teams were careless with the ball at times

why isn't the ball goin' into the daddy??????

the daddy looks hungry, he knows he ain't gonna get that many more chances

bringing the ball up court and shooting up a three is not smart, since the heat are not a rebounding team

i like zo and shaq on the court together, shaq needs some beef out there

tayshaun prince = wild card, heat don't have anyone who can guard him and those LOOOOONNNGGG MF arms

WTF

i like zo and shaq on the court together, shaq needs some beef out there

Uh what was that again, Shaq needs some beef out there... :g:g:g:g

350 lbs and he needs some beef out there to help... :g:g:g:lol:

He is knocking the crap out of everyone now.. :g:g:g