Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

Hopefully this spares us from any more of Rasheed Wallace's predictions. :D

Guy

It didn't. Sheed opened his big mouth again and said there was no way the

Cavs could win the series. HELLO, they just kicked your asses the last two games. :angry:

Having said that and all things being equal, the Cavs just cannot weather a long series. Lebron cannot continue to be a winning one man show just like Kobe couldn't. Varajoe has probably had his shot because now the Pistons know who he is and will shut him down. Lebron has the ball in his hands too much for this to continue.

:bwallace: :bwallace2:

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, the officiating stunk it up again. There were a number of calls in this game that affected the outcome (IMO). One that still bothers me is when Nowitzki charged Duncan in the 4th Qtr with something like 3 minutes left. It was clearly a charge, as Duncan was firmly planted and outside the circle. Dirk made the basket, Duncan was called for the foul, and then he made the free throw.

The Spurs had been up 5 at that point, and if the correct call of charging had been made, it's Spurs ball with a chance to build on the lead.

Actually, this was weaker than you describe. The blocking call was so bad that the Spurs pitched a fit and were assessed a technical for their second "delay of game." Then Nowitzki was awarded two free throws on a touch foul by Bowen for the points which tied the game and sent it to OT. Charles Barkley ripped the refs in embarrassing fashion after the game.

That said, GO MAVS!

Cavs still have no chance.

the Cavs just cannot weather a long series

You guys better hope Rasheed's ankle heals up quick, or the Cavs might have other ideas.

Limping Wallace still running mouth

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Jodie Valade

Plain Dealer Reporter

Rasheed Wallace offered no retractions. No apologies, no sheepish grins. The forward simply shrugged after his Pistons stumbled, 74-72, to the Cavaliers in Game 4, and said he has no worries. Not about the twisted ankle he suffered in the second quarter of Monday's game, and certainly not about his failure to make good on the promise Detroit would triumph in Game 4 of this second-round series.

"It's cool," Wallace said. "I ain't worried about these cats."

He isn't worried about the "guaran-Sheed" he made after his Pistons lost Game 3 at The Q - his promise Detroit would not only win this second-round series, but do it in five games.

Wallace merely complimented the Cavaliers' surprising new defensive tilt that led to Cleveland topping Detroit at its own grind-it-out game.

That is, he sort of complimented the Cavaliers, before making yet another guarantee: The Pistons will still win this series, even if it now will take at least six games.

"Even the sun shines on a dog's [behind]," Wallace said. "There ain't no way . . . they're going to beat us in no series. They beat us tonight, which is good for them. . . . But, nah, they ain't going to beat us in the series."

Not everyone was as unconcerned as Wallace. Pistons center Ben Wallace responded to only a couple questions before cutting off his interview with reporters.

"You can't let a man predict a win then go out and play like that, stink it up like we did," Ben Wallace said. "Players, coaching staff, everyone."

It didn't help the Pistons weren't at full strength, with Rasheed Wallace unable to contribute fully to his guarantee. Wallace rolled his right ankle while defending LeBron James with 9:22 remaining in the second quarter. As James drove to the basket, Wallace landed awkwardly and his right ankle buckled. He limped off the court and straight to the locker room - as the crowd at The Q roared its delight at the talkative forward's misfortune.

He returned a little more than a minute later, and continued popping in and out of the locker room where he received treatment. A Pistons trainer massaged Wallace's calf while he sat on the bench.

Wallace sat the final 4:28, when the game was at its closest. After Monday's game, though, he proclaimed he was fine and ready to contribute to his next guarantee.

"I'm all right," Wallace said. "Don't send me to the glue factory yet."

Which means Wallace will return to Cleveland for Game 6 on Friday, something he already promised he wouldn't do. If the Pistons have trouble finding accommodations for the unexpected return to Cleveland, James said they are welcome to camp out at his house.

"You gotta kill them with kindness," James smiled. "Every last one of them can stay in my house. . . . and I'll lock them indoors when it's time to come here."

If the Pistons play like they have the last two games (one-on-one, no passing, standing around like fools, no defense) then yes, they will lose this series. If they get back to playing how they did the first two games (the extra pass, running the floor, not letting the shot-clock run down to 6 seconds before making a move, smothering defense) then they'll be fine.

We'll see what team shows up on Wednesday.

That was a teriffic game last night (Mavs/Spurs). I thought that Dallas was done for when Duncan was setting up for his shot with time running out in regulation.

The Spurs had plenty of chances to put this one away, but they made too many mistakes. If Tony Parker hadn't turned the ball over so many times for traveling, and if not for the errant inbounds pass, the questionable calls wouldn't have even been an issue.

When they went into OT, I could see the life blood draining out of the Spurs faces.

Re: bad calls, all teams get them. For anyone to say that the game was decided on questionable calls is a little shortsighted IMHO.

This game was a classic when it was all said and done. Both teams were firing on all cylinders.

And what about Barkley's opinion that the winner of this game would take the series? If S.A. had won, I wouldn't be so sure that they would be able to take 2 of the last 3.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

If the Pistons play like they have the last two games (one-on-one, no passing, standing around like fools, no defense) then yes, they will lose this series.

but then how will you play against miami (you know, the team that stinks) in the next round!

:blush:

I'm not saying the Pistons will lose. I don't think they'll keep playing bad the rest of this series. I think they were trying to play to the level of their opponent and then figuring they could flip the switch when they needed to, and obviously Lebron is too good to let that happen. So the next two games, the Pistons need to come out on all cylinders (har har) and put the game away early.

Don't worry. You'll get to see the Heat get their butts creamed by the Pistons again this year! :D

If the Pistons play like they have the last two games (one-on-one, no passing, standing around like fools, no defense) then yes, they will lose this series.

but then how will you play against miami (you know, the team that stinks) in the next round!

:blush:

I'm not saying the Pistons will lose. I don't think they'll keep playing bad the rest of this series. I think they were trying to play to the level of their opponent and then figuring they could flip the switch when they needed to, and obviously Lebron is too good to let that happen. So the next two games, the Pistons need to come out on all cylinders (har har) and put the game away early.

Don't worry. You'll get to see the Heat get their butts creamed by the Pistons again this year! :D

I think that Detroit will beat the Cavs, but if they don't get their act together soon, it might be next season before they get a chance to kick the Heat's butts.

What the hell is Coach Dunleavy thinking????? He and his staff should have known about the time left at that crucial timeout. Livingston had already received the ball inbounds and took a dribble. AND why the guys who had not played all game are in the game at the very end AND why didn't they let Phoenix have a 2 point shot and guard the line against a 3????

AND the refs STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN. Livingston never stepped out of bounds on that crucial play and the ref was standing right there.........

CLIPS were robbed again...WTF

:angry: