Doubletime Jazz/The Music Resource

Dan Gould

OK, April 1, I'm so hopped up by Jim S.'s review of the Gene Conners Black & Blue release, I start searching for the disc. Everywhere I look, its not in stock, long timeline to secure, then I find it in the Doubletime Jazz listings, supposedly in stock, so I pull the trigger.

Now, two plus weeks later, I haven't seen the disc yet, and can't raise any response from the company. I sent an email to the address that sent the purchase receipt, and then I tried the contact email on the website, and still, nothing. :angry: I'd call their 800 number but if memory serves, its just a voicemail line, and it doesn't seem to make much sense, yelling at a machine when I want to talk to a human being.

Does anyone have any recent experience with Doubletime? Can anyone offer any sort of reassurance that they will either provide the disc I purchased or finally get in touch with me?

Thanks.

They are functioning. Their database is woefully out of date (so a lot of stuff turns out to be not avilable), and it takes them ages to fill orders. They also never respond to e-mails. But if you are willing to wait a couple of months, they might ship what you have ordered. In any case, I don't think they will charge your card unless they ship.

They are functioning. Their database is woefully out of date (so a lot of stuff turns out to be not avilable), and it takes them ages to fill orders. They also never respond to e-mails. But if you are willing to wait a couple of months, they might ship what you have ordered. In any case, I don't think they will charge your card unless they ship.

My card was charged the 52 dollars. I placed the order on January 12. I waited till Feb 13. I got my master card bill and the 52.08 was on it. I called and emailed but didn't get anywhere. I called Citibank and they looked into it, and my accounf in March was credited $52.08.

This was my experience too, about a year or two ago. I've never ordered from them since. Nothing annoys me more than ordering something supposedly in stock, only to wait, wait, wait...only to finally learn that someone simply didn't update the website

• 2 weeks later...

Well, color me shocked and pleased.

First, I uncovered the printout from the order confirmation page, and actually noticed that there was a code listed "to check the status of your order".

So I go back to the website and see that the first choice under "options" is "order status" so I enter the info ... and it says "completed". :unsure:

Then I walked out to the mail box, and guess what was waiting for me?

3448961091328xr.gif

:lol:

:party:

The Music Resource site has been updated, at least to add some 2006 releases under "specials." However, I stopped ordering from them after waiting months (with no responses to my e-mails) for a partially filled order. As mentioned already, the packaging left something to be desired. It's unfortunate because I had good luck with them years ago in getting some hard-to-find and out-of-print titles.

Should we should start a thread to recognize online shops with particularly excellent or poor customer service?