organissimo at the Chicago Jazz Festival

What a scene. Heard some great music from that stage over the years, especially a Teddy Edwards/Harold Land set, some great Roscoe Mitchell, Hal Russell. Congratulations Organissimo! I wonder who will be playing on the stage the same day you're on, if you're part of a "theme"? Look out for that Chris Foreman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it went pretty well. There was a pretty good crowd. Jim, Randy and Joe played well - it was nice 'n greazy.

I'm glad I got the chance to see them. I was in town for a conference my company was putting one. We wrapped up just in time for the wife and I to catch a cab and make it over to the fest.

Jim was gracious enough to talk with my wife and I backstage. Thanks Jim!

I'm pretty sure I forgot to thank him for hosting such a great online community. I guess I was just too focused on the music.

All I can say is based on what I saw in Chicago, a LIVE album is something to really consider!! These guys are great and I wish them continued success.

I'll try to post a few of the pics that turned out. Just a few snapshots wtih my digital elph. I'll leave the real photos to Mark Sheldon. :P

There was also a pretty good writeup in the festival program. If no one else has already posted it I'll try to get that on here as well.

I think it went pretty well. There was a pretty good crowd. Jim, Randy and Joe played well - it was nice 'n greazy.

I'm glad I got the chance to see them. I was in town for a conference my company was putting one. We wrapped up just in time for the wife and I to catch a cab and make it over to the fest.

Jim was gracious enough to talk with my wife and I backstage. Thanks Jim!

I'm pretty sure I forgot to thank him for hosting such a great online community. I guess I was just too focused on the music.

All I can say is based on what I saw in Chicago, a LIVE album is something to really consider!! These guys are great and I wish them continued success.

I'll try to post a few of the pics that turned out. Just a few snapshots wtih my digital elph. I'll leave the real photos to Mark Sheldon. :P

There was also a pretty good writeup in the festival program. If no one else has already posted it I'll try to get that on here as well.

Crikey!