organissimo at the Syracuse Jazz Festival

Since it's April, I can finally announce that we will be appearing at the Syracuse Jazz Festival in Syracuse, New York, on the campus of Onondaga Community College on Friday, June 23rd. We'll be on the main stage at around 6:00pm.

Supposedly there is a big ad in the May edition of JazzTimes with our name up with the other performers (Funk Brothers, David "Fathead" Newman, etc.) I haven't seen it yet, but people have called me about it. Pretty cool!

Anyway, I hope some of our members in the area can come out and hang!

• 2 months later...

We had more fun than should be allowed by law. Frank Malfitano is the best festival director one could ever hope for. He made us feel instantly at home and all of his staff were outstanding. He's a real genuine, beautiful cat.

We met and hung out with a lot of musicians, saw some old friends (like Marcus Belgrave) and just had a wonderful time. Hopefully we'll be back in that area come October.

We had more fun than should be allowed by law. Frank Malfitano is the best festival director one could ever hope for. He made us feel instantly at home and all of his staff were outstanding. He's a real genuine, beautiful cat.

Even better than Clearwater? Wow ... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

There was a big do in Windsor on June 11th for Marcus's birthday. Is he 70? How's he soudning? Love that cat.

Just saw this, sorry. Marcus sounded terrific. We really need to do something with him on an upcoming project. The man plays beautifully. And Fathead puts the "SOUL" in soulful. I love his tone, phrasing, and playing. The real deal. It was an honor to open for him and Marcus.